Monday, February 28, 2011

Beating the Winter Time Blues


Kaleb and Karmindy Playing the xlyophone!

The winter hasn't been kind to me this year. In fact the snowy and hazy days have really gotten to me. I think I get seasonal depression during this time of year which makes for very long days. The sun rarely shines and when it does it is hazy. Blah! I like to blame my unproductive self on the weather. We as a family have done a lot of hibernating this year and haven't been up to too much, needless to say our little family blog has been sparse with new posts. At the end of January, one of my friends called me to see if the kids and I would like to accompany her and her daughter to Discovery Gateway in Downtown SLC. My kids and I love Discovery Gateway, so we jumped at the chance to tag along. My friend has a pass so it was nice because she was able to get us in free.


Kaleb the New's Anchor!

Karmindy the swan princess!

The kids had a really fun time playing with all the fun stations. The Market, Farm Country area and riding the dump trucks around were a favorite. My kids literal can spend the whole day in the farm area. I love that they love the great outdoors and I really think that stems from having a Grandpa that likes to raise chickens, and cows. Both Kaleb and Karmindy loved sitting on the life like horse, planting and collecting veggies and fruit from the garden and loading it into the make believe truck.


Kaleb enjoys the Market and being the Grocery Guru!


Kaleb shopping at the market looking for good deals!


Giddy Up Horsey!


Kaleb loading the veggies into the truck!

It was a nice little outing and it is really fun as a mom see their imaginations at work during our little excursion!

1 comment:

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

That places looks sweet! I'd go there even without kids! haha