We had a really enjoyable time this weekend celebrating Pioneer Day! On Friday, Mark was able to take a half of a day off and we ventured up to Kaysville where my Auntie Linda Pearl Lives! She had invited us up for a BBQ. It was fun to see her, my Uncle Jim and my two cousins, Emma and Andrew. My Auntie is an excellent cook and she made some yummy salads, Hot Dogs(Brats), a Pork Tenderloin with a yummy currant glaze and yummy Desserts. I made a fresh fruit salad to take along. Everything was so yummy! After lunch we sat around and visited. It was a lot of fun! Before we left my Aunt gave me a couple of Mason jars of currant juice. I am looking forward to making some currant jelly in the next few weeks. So stay tuned to see how it turns out. After visiting my Aunt, we jetted home and we joined up with some neighborhood friends and set off fireworks. The wind was really blowing so we had to cut our Fireworks show short.
On Saturday afternoon, Mark and I were able to leave our kiddos with some friends and we went to the District to see Harry Potter : The Half Blood Prince.

It was a really good movie and followed the book pretty well. It was so nice to get out and spend some quality time with my hubby. I have been looking forward to getting out with Mark all week because this past week has been a crazy one with getting all the stuff ready for our quarterly primary activity. It was so nice to get out with Mark and have a nice break away from the kids (even though I always miss them while we are gone) and Primary Responsibilities. On Saturday night after getting back from the movie and dinner, we joined up with are neighborhood friends again and set off the remainder of our fireworks! It was a such a fun evening.
Karmindy saving some Belgium waffles for later! See chin! So cute!
Last but not least! We wouldn't have a holiday to celebrate if it were not for the pioneers! I am truly blessed to have come from some great pioneer heritage. I have pioneer ancestors that came across the plains and helped settle several Southern Utah towns. I also have Pioneer ancestors that came from Europe and helped settle Southern Utah (Santa Clara). I am so grateful for the sacrifices that they made so that I can enjoy those special freedoms and conveniences that we enjoy today. Thank you!
2 comments:
WHAT A FUN 24TH!
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE JUST AS GOOD A COOK AS YOUR MOTHER.
THE WEE ONE'S ARE GETTING SO BIG.
WHAT CUTIES THEY ARE.
Ash you are such a great mom and are so creative. I always look at your blog and am in awe at what you do for your kids. You show me how I need to be a better mom. Thank you!
Post a Comment