I can't believe the end of July is already here! This month has really flown by and my days have been filled with many things, which have kept me from keeping up on my blogging. Its no excuse but it has been a crazy month!
One of the things that has kept me extremely busy is my NEW CALLING. Around the middle of June, I was called to be the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency in our ward! It has been a little intimidating and overwhelming to say the least. However, I have always loved being in primary and absolutely love watching the little kids testimonies grow as they learn about the gospel. Each Sunday is filled with cute comments or brutal honesty. I get quite a kick out of listening to the kids' take on the gospel and life in general. It can be very humbling, but is so rewarding. Something that melts my heart is when Kids will yell, "Hi, Sister Frisbey!" or when they tell you they enjoyed your sharing time or an activity that you have planned. All the hard work makes it worth it!
One of the big things that has kept me and the rest of the presidency busy is planning our Quarterly Primary Activity. We planned a pioneer theme for this activity. Today was the day that we had the activity and it was a huge success. I was in charge of several things but my most favorite thing to do is come up with invite ideas. Here is an example of the invite that I made for our activity:

I was also in charge of one of the stations during the activity. At my station the kids made button whizzers or whirlymagigs( thats what I call them). To make, click here. Then look for button on a string game. The kids loved these and it was hard to pull them away from playing with them to show them how to pound nails into boards, sew buttons on a piece of clothing or wash clothes like the pioneers did on a wash board. They loved making the whilrlymagigs! The kids also loved making homemade butter while a special speaker came dressed in pioneer clothes.
This month hasn't been all work, one of my favorite relaxers is to bake! This month I have spent time trying some new recipes. One of my friends posted some bundt cake recipes on her blog and I just had to try them once I saw the pictures of them. In fact, I love desserts so much that I made two bundt cakes in one week. A Lemon Dream bundt cake and a Too much Chocolate to mention Bundt cake. We are dessert people at our house and we take our dessert eating SERIOUSLY! My motto when it comes to food is this:
"Food is essentail to life, Therefore, make it good!" -S. Truett Cathy
Unfortunately, all that good food ends up showing up on my behind later as fat but I figure you live life once right? Why not eat dessert first for that matter!
I made the Lemon cake last Monday and took it with us to some of our friends home who had invited us over for FHE, that evening. We had cake and our friends made us homemade Italian Sodas. Both desserts were the perfect ending to a nice evening! I made the Chocolate Bundt cake last Friday for a weekend dessert and it was yummy! Don't forget to add a nice cold glass of milk along side of this cake. It is rich!
For the Lemon Dream Bundt cake recipe click here and for the Chocolate Bundt cake recipe click here.

One of the big things that has kept me and the rest of the presidency busy is planning our Quarterly Primary Activity. We planned a pioneer theme for this activity. Today was the day that we had the activity and it was a huge success. I was in charge of several things but my most favorite thing to do is come up with invite ideas. Here is an example of the invite that I made for our activity:
I was also in charge of one of the stations during the activity. At my station the kids made button whizzers or whirlymagigs( thats what I call them). To make, click here. Then look for button on a string game. The kids loved these and it was hard to pull them away from playing with them to show them how to pound nails into boards, sew buttons on a piece of clothing or wash clothes like the pioneers did on a wash board. They loved making the whilrlymagigs! The kids also loved making homemade butter while a special speaker came dressed in pioneer clothes.
This month hasn't been all work, one of my favorite relaxers is to bake! This month I have spent time trying some new recipes. One of my friends posted some bundt cake recipes on her blog and I just had to try them once I saw the pictures of them. In fact, I love desserts so much that I made two bundt cakes in one week. A Lemon Dream bundt cake and a Too much Chocolate to mention Bundt cake. We are dessert people at our house and we take our dessert eating SERIOUSLY! My motto when it comes to food is this:
"Food is essentail to life, Therefore, make it good!" -S. Truett Cathy
Unfortunately, all that good food ends up showing up on my behind later as fat but I figure you live life once right? Why not eat dessert first for that matter!
I made the Lemon cake last Monday and took it with us to some of our friends home who had invited us over for FHE, that evening. We had cake and our friends made us homemade Italian Sodas. Both desserts were the perfect ending to a nice evening! I made the Chocolate Bundt cake last Friday for a weekend dessert and it was yummy! Don't forget to add a nice cold glass of milk along side of this cake. It is rich!
For the Lemon Dream Bundt cake recipe click here and for the Chocolate Bundt cake recipe click here.
The only modification that I made to the Lemon Bundt cake recipe was pouring fresh raspberries into the middle of the bundt cake for color. The rapberries where very yummy with the lemon flavor of the cake so I will definitely serve the cake again with raspberries.

Yummy Chocolate Bundt Cake!
Another fun thing that I was able to do this month was go and get pedicures with one of my very good friends. She gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to get a pedicure done and we decided to make a girls outing out of it. We went and got our pedicures and got them done for a whopping $21.00!! We went to Hawaiian Nails 2 on 134th South in Riverton. The gals that did our pedis did a great job and it wasn't a scary place like some nail places are. After we got our pedis we went and got lunch at Zupas. Zupas is starting to become one of my favortie restuarants up here. I love there soups, salads, sandwiches and chocolate covered

strawberries. They give you a free strawberry with your meal. So yummy!
Here are my pretty tootsies:
The gal that did my toes handpainted the flowers and swirls on by hand!! She did a fabulous job!
A special thanks to my dear friend for a nice belated birthday outing! It was so good to get out and have some girl time!!
Last but not least, My cute kiddos have been keeping me on my toes (see pic above)! It has been so fun to watch Kaleb and Karmindy grow this past month. It has been fun to see Kaleb grow this month into quite the independent little man. Mark and I visited one night before retiring to bed and decided that Kaleb was old enough to have little chores to do around the house. We have started small and will work our way up to bigger chores that are more age appropriate as he grows. Right now though, Kaleb has been making his bed, getting dressed in the morning, setting the table for dinner and keeping his room cleaned. I have a good friend who gave me a website that has free printable chore charts. Click here for some more chore chart options. The chore
charts come with different characters on them. Kaleb loves his chore chart and he gets a sticker each time he completes a task. At the end of the week if he has all the stickers he gets a special treat!
This past Saturday Kaleb went on a Boys afternoon with his Daddy. They saw the movie....
Another fun thing that I was able to do this month was go and get pedicures with one of my very good friends. She gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to get a pedicure done and we decided to make a girls outing out of it. We went and got our pedicures and got them done for a whopping $21.00!! We went to Hawaiian Nails 2 on 134th South in Riverton. The gals that did our pedis did a great job and it wasn't a scary place like some nail places are. After we got our pedis we went and got lunch at Zupas. Zupas is starting to become one of my favortie restuarants up here. I love there soups, salads, sandwiches and chocolate covered

strawberries. They give you a free strawberry with your meal. So yummy!
Here are my pretty tootsies:
A special thanks to my dear friend for a nice belated birthday outing! It was so good to get out and have some girl time!!
Last but not least, My cute kiddos have been keeping me on my toes (see pic above)! It has been so fun to watch Kaleb and Karmindy grow this past month. It has been fun to see Kaleb grow this month into quite the independent little man. Mark and I visited one night before retiring to bed and decided that Kaleb was old enough to have little chores to do around the house. We have started small and will work our way up to bigger chores that are more age appropriate as he grows. Right now though, Kaleb has been making his bed, getting dressed in the morning, setting the table for dinner and keeping his room cleaned. I have a good friend who gave me a website that has free printable chore charts. Click here for some more chore chart options. The chore
This past Saturday Kaleb went on a Boys afternoon with his Daddy. They saw the movie....

The boys loved the movie and I can't wait to see it when it comes to our home by netflix! I will be anxiously waiting because I have heard that this movie is so cute!
Karmindy has been a really BIG girl this month and has been walking, almost running everywhere! She is my little darling and it is so fun to see her personality take shape. It has also been fun to experiement with her hair. Her hair is finally growing in and getting quite long in the back. I have enjoyed being able to do piggy tails for her. She is so cute with them.
I think that Karmindy looks like my sister Kamberee in these pictures!
Also, my daughter is quite the terriorist! I say that lovingly! I never really had to worry about Kaleb getting into cupboards or drawers but that is a different story when it comes to Karmindy. She is in to everything! This past week she had gotten the top of a box that we have in our room off the box. We keep the box on the ground because we set our mouse and mousepad on it while we are on the computer. Our computer is in an old entertainment center. It is a crazy set up but it is working until Mark and I can get a desk to set everything on. Once Karmindy got the box top off she sat in it. I decided to give her a ride while she was in the box top and pushed her around the room and made brrrrm brrrm noises. After I few minutes of pushing her I took her out of the box and put the lid back on the box and walked into the other room to go check on her brother. After checking on Kaleb, it was quiet and I couldn't hear Karmindy. When I checked back in our room , this is what I found....
Look at these faces! My Miss Mischievious!
she was sitting in the box top again and looked at me and went Brrmmm. Brrmm. I guess she wasn't done having a ride! :)
I love my two kiddos they sure keep my life busy and full!!
4 comments:
Oops! I was signed in as my hubby so I had to repost this.
Hey Ash! 1. You are going to do so awesome in the Primary Presidency. You always put just a little extra effort into things, and I know as a parent we appreciate when others do things like this for our kids. 2. Those bundt cakes look YUMMMMMMY! 3. Adorable toesies! Perfect for summer. and 4. Cute kids! 5. I love reading your blog. I don't always comment, but I read it at least once a week. ~Cindy Larkin
I can totally picture you in Primary and know you must be doing an awesome job. The activity sounds like fun. I'm glad ypou liked those cakes, I thought they were fun. I really like the fresh raspberries in the center. What a great idea! I love the color and can just imagine how good they taste with the lemon. Your kids are so cute. It's fun to see what they are doing and staying in touch with you.
Yeah! The Primary Presidency! You will be great in there. We will have to share ideas.
I meant to comment on this the first time I read it--those bundt cakes look amazing. I would pay money for them!
Post a Comment