Today, my baby started Preschool. I can't believe that she is 3 and in school. Where is the time going? What a blessing it is to see Karmindy start school because there was a time that I didn't know that we as her parents would be blessed to witness it or come to this milestone in her life. Even though Karmindy is only three, we decided to put her in preschool this year. Kaleb didn't go to two years of preschool but I thought by signing Karmindy up for school that it might help her over come her shyness. I think it was a great decision to put Karmindy in school because she has been so excited to start school and had a really tough time when Big Brother started a couple weeks before her. Karmindy truly has missed Kaleb while he has been away and has been a little lonely.
Karmindy with her teacher, Mrs. Heather.
This year I bought new back packs for the kids and Karmindy has loved hers. She loves to wear her "pack-pack" to the bus stop when we drop Kaleb off in the mornings. When we woke up this morning, I told her that she got to start school today! She was so excited and when we walked up to the bus stop to drop Kaleb off, she got in line with all the big kids to get on the bus. Karmindy wasn't happy when I had to pick her up and remove her from the bus line. I had to explain to her that she was going to a different school. She sulked the whole way home.
Karmindy's Little Class: Avery Hawkins, Karmindy, Grace VanLeeuwen, and Emilia Pidcock.
Karmindy's preschool is on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year from 12-2 and I we signed her up to attend Mrs. Heather's Preschool. My friend Heather teaches preschool out of her home and just lives around the corner from our home. Heather has taught Kindergarten and is just one of the sweetest people I know, so it was nice to know that Karmindy's first preschool experience would be a great one. I know she is in good hands.
Today, for Karmindy's very first day we arrived at the school and we met with Mrs. Heather. Karmindy has a few friends in the neighborhood that have girls her age and so I have really been looking forward to having her be in a class with her friends. Upon arriving we went for a scavenger hunt looking for items around the classroom and then did several fun little activities. Karmindy stamped her name using rubber stamps, practiced holding a push pin so it will help develop the muscles in her hand for writing, and colored a self portrait of her self. Mrs. Heather read a story to the kids while the parents filled out paper work and sang a song. The kids all got suckers and were dismissed. Karmindy had so much fun and expressed to me that she couldn't wait to go back to school. It is going to be a great year and I can't wait to see how Karmindy grows and excels.
1 comment:
They're all so big! Where did our babies go?!
-Misty
Post a Comment