Thursday, December 23, 2010

Going to see the Dentist...


Two weeks ago, we visited the dentist f or our 6 month check ups. We all passed with flying colors except Kaleb. Kaleb had four tiny little cavities between his teeth. I was a little upset because we are pretty diligent about keeping our kids teeth cleaned; especially since I was a dental assistant for 2 years and I have seen some really bad cases where parents had dropped the ball with their kids oral health care. I know getting cavities are just a part of life but I was fearful of how Kaleb would do. I didn't want him to have a bad experience his first time getting a cavity filled. He has always enjoyed going to the dentist and is so brave. I think it is because we started good oral habits when he was really young and since I was just fresh out of assisting it was really important to form those habits with him. On Monday this past week, I left Karmindy with her daddy (who was working from home that day) and took Kaleb to the dentist. When we got there we were called right back and Kaleb got to choose a show- Tom and Jerry and then the Hygienist came in to numb Kaleb's mouth. I was so nervous for this part but he did great and didn't even cry. He was so brave and kept telling me that his mouth was feeling funny. After the numbing juice was into his system, our Dr. came in and filled his cavities. Kaleb was amazing and did what ever they asked of him. He only panicked a couple of times but quickly calmed down. In the end, Kaleb got two prizes(a huge pen and a mickey mouse puzzle) and I took him to go get ice cream afterwards. After getting home, Kaleb said he was a little scared but loved going to go get ice cream with his mom and get prizes!



Watching Tom and Jerry at the Dentist Office! Kaleb thought it was cook he got his own headphones and own tv!


Still smiling after all the drilling! Look at those puffy cheeks!

No comments: