Monday, March 21, 2011

Celebrating Dr.Seuss & 100 Days of School...

A couple of weeks ago, Kaleb had a very busy week at school. First, his class celebrated Dr. Seuss birthday. All the kids were encouraged to dress as their favorite Dr. Seuss character or wear a Dr. Seuss hat. I ran out of time to sew Kaleb a hat but I found a hat that fit the part at Wal-Mart. Kaleb looked so cute in his Dr. Seuss hat, even though it was the wrong colors. :D During class Kaleb said they talked about Dr. Seuss, read several of his books and also made their own Dr. Seuss hats. They even played Green Eggs and Ham tic tac toe!

Kaleb favorite part of the day was coloring and assembling his own Dr. Seuss hat- he wore it home proudly!

Kaleb wearing the Dr. Seuss Hat that he made in class.

The following day they celebrated 100 days of Kindergarten. Kaleb was very excited for this party with his class and has been talking about it since Kindergarten began. Each child brought 100 things for show and tell. Luckily it wasn't supposed to be anything big. Kaleb decided on taking 100 elbow macaroni for his portion of show and tell. He was very excited to show his 100 macaroni to his class. During his 100 day party they played games, and did activities that involved 100. Kaleb came home wearing his 100 day hat that they made that day.

Kaleb and his 100 Macaroni!! He counted them all out by himself! Hence that big cheesy smile!

Kaleb is really loving kindergarten and is excited to attend each day. He loves his teacher and enjoys the kids in his class. Some of his favorite things to do in Kindergarten are coloring, playing on the "big" playground (where the BIG kids play), reading and going to centers. He also really enjoys when I help out in his class. Lately, I have been fortunate to be able to help out weekly and I am thoroughly enjoying it. It is so hard for me to believe as his mom that Kindergarten is almost over for my Big kid. A couple of weeks ago, Kaleb came home with his form to fill out for 1st Grade. I can't believe it is already time to start thinking about the next year, I feel like Kindergarten just started for my little man!

No comments: