On Saturday, Mark and I spent the morning canning Apple Pie Filling together! I have such a trooper of a husband! He peeled the apples and I cored and sliced them into the bottles. My Aunt Linda gave us a huge box of apples several weeks ago and we didn't want them to go to waste so we thought we would take the opportunity to can them to enjoy at a later time. I was so thrilled all of our cans sealed!! It is so nice to see the pretty bottles up on our pantry shelf. It really gave us a feeling of accomplishment knowing that we are putting something away for a rainy day- even if it is something yummy to enjoy and not the most nutritious! Today, I got ambitious again and since one of Marks favorite desserts is Apple pie I made him another one! It has been a fun challenge to try and make the crust from scratch. I feel really proud of myself for doing it and can tell that I am getting better at it! I will contine to work on making apple pies while we have apples. In the meantime, hopefully we won't get too sick of apple pie! (A special thanks to my aunt for the apples, as well as, the encouragement and also the yummy pie recipe. Also to my mom for walking me through the canned apple pie recipe!)
This is my second attempt at making apple pie! I thought this one turned out so much better than my first one! I can tell I am improving! What do you all think?
Once I get it mastered everyone is welcome to come over for a slice! :)
3 comments:
Nice looking pies! I would come over even if the pie look bad, I know you make yummy desserts!
You've always been an excellent cook! It's fun to see what you guys are up to. I decided to get off facebook for now (not that I did anything with it). We've been so busy and I keep sitting in front of the computer too much. We are still blogging, so I hope to keep up with you there. Send me your address and phone sometime when you get a chance. My email is lisalemmon@hotmail.com. Have fun with your pie project!
Lisa
I think you should teach me how to make this over thanksgiving! Yay!!! So excited!!!!
Post a Comment