Last weekend, Mark and I found a killer deal on a patio set and we fell in love with it instantly. We have been wanting one for so long!! An added bonus is that it came with a fire pit! There is nothing that I like more than sitting by a fire roasting hot dogs or marshmallows. There is something also comforting by the warmth of a camp fire while there is still a little bit of a nip in the air! The past week our little family has been enjoying the great out doors in our back yard with friends. We have also been going outside during the evenings to sit and spend time as a family. We have truly enjoyed roasting hot dogs and making smores. Kaleb has been just as excited as Mark and I have been to get out side and try out our patio set and frequently asks, "Can we go outside and eat dinner and roast marshmallows tonight?" Karmindy has also liked it. Mostly because she likes the fire and she gets to eat food! We have to keep an eagle eye on her because she tries to get as close as she can to the fire before she says, "Hot! Hot!" in her sweet little voice. As her parents, It drives us crazy that she has no fear sometimes!
I love the great outdoors and I am looking forward to spending many more nights this summer enjoying the backyard with my little family and our some of our dear friends in our neighborhood!
4 comments:
I LOVE that about our neighborhood too! I feel so blessed to live where I do! Sounds like the next time I get a whiff of smoke in the air, I need to wander near the Frisbey home and just maybe I'll score a yummy treat!
I love our neighborhood to for that reason! I tell you, if I could, I'd be out there roasting 'shmallows every night! We need to have a campfire again soon, your's or our's works as long as there's plenty of 'shmallows to roast!
YOUR BLOG IS SO CUTE AND CHILDREN ARE ADORABLE! YOUR PATIO SET AND FIRE PIT LOOK LIKE SO MUCH FUN!
I'm in love with your patio set too! It's a great design and much safer than a regular fire pit because the table surrounding the fire keeps the kids back a little. The chairs look super comfy! What a great find!
Post a Comment