Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Mother's Angel & Answered Prayers

As a mother it is very hard to let go of your children's hands and let them venture out into the "BIG BAD WORLD" by themselves! It was extremely hard this past July to let go of Kaleb, my little boy, get on that BIG yellow school bus and head 1.8 miles away from our home to school. Riverton is a little bit bigger city than I am used to and teaching my kids stranger danger has been a huge weight on my shoulders since the town I grew up in was very sheltered and protected. Needless to say, Before Kaleb started kindergarten I would wake up in the middle night and have anxiety attacks worrying about him getting on the bus, riding the bus, getting off the bus and making it into the Kindergarten room on time and especially if I had taught him enough about stranger danger. It is scary starting new chapters in your life and this new chapter was probably just as nerve racking for myself as it was for my little boy. Several weeks before school started, Kaleb would timidly ask questions about school, riding the bus and making friends. I could hear the anxiety in my sweet little boys voice and I would try to calmly talk him through things and reassure him that it would be ok. There were many mornings I would pray in my mind and heart that things would work out for Kaleb and that he would be comforted and that someone could be there for him. I got my answer to my prayers! The picture above is of my sweet neighbor girl. Her name is Madison. Princess Maddie as her mom calls her and I also echo that. She is a princess and is a mothers angel. I have known Madison for almost 2 years now! She was the first little neighbor girl, along with her kind-hearted dad to come and welcome us to the neighborhood. She also was one of my Activity Day girls when I was a leader in the Activity Day Program in our ward. She has always had a special place in my heart and I love her as if she was my own daughter!! Madison has helped Kaleb ten fold this year and has treated Kaleb like her own little brother and has taken a special interest in him. Since we are on the track schedule, she was there on Kaleb's first day of school and sat by him on the bus, helped him get off the bus and walked him to his class. She has continued to do this day in and day out for the past 2 months. This special act of kindness has helped put a worried 5-year-olds heart at ease and a 29 1/2 year old womans heart at ease as well! Kaleb truly has relied on Madison (and secretly I have too) the past few months and he misses her when she hasn't made it to the bus stop because of illness or running late. I am grateful for the special bond the two of them share and I am grateful for Madison and being a mothers angel to me and helping my little boy! What a beautiful answer she is to my heart felt prayers. Love you Princess Maddie!

3 comments:

JILLIAN said...

THANK GOODNESS FOR THOSE SWEET ANGELS AMONG US.
WHAT A BLESSING TO HAVE THE HELP OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE AND TRUST .

MISS YOU!

........ said...

Awww...Aslee you're gonna make me cry!!! I am SO glad that Madison has been able to help Kaleb feel secure. She of all people knows about anxiety regarding going to school! To tell you the truth I think that knowing that he depends on her has helped her overcome some of her own anxiety and get out there to be there for him.

You are such a sweetheart and I am so glad that you moved here! What would I do without your friendship?! I know that Madison adores you as well...she better since she'd be movin' in should anything ever happen to Matt and I!!!

JILLIAN said...

ASHLEY , I JUST FILLED THE BOTTLES WITH COLORED WATER.