Sunday, September 19, 2010

Temples and Crushes??

I had to write this down before I forgot. Tonight while I was tucking Kaleb into bed, we did our usual routine. I tuck each of my kids in bed, sing a few primary songs with them and then I ask them about their day and what their favorite part of the day was. Kaleb and I sang, "I love to see the Temple" together. I then asked where he was going to get married. He told me since Mark and I had lived in St. George that is where we got married. He then said I want to get married in a temple where I live, one that is closest to me and one that I see every day. I want to get married in the Oquirrh Mountain temple. He then got this little impish grin on his face and said, "Mom, I want to marry Adilynne Hagen in the temple." I then said, "You do?" He said yes and then smiled again and said, "I like her a lot and think she is very cute and pretty!" Then he said, "If she doesn't want to marry me then I can marry Emma Dunyon!" I had to giggle to myself and ask myself, "He is only 5 and is having crushes and thinking about marriage! YIKES!" Well, at least my son is keeping his options open! I am hoping we won't be having any marriages in the Frisbey family for many years to come but if Kaleb does get married I wouldn't mind either of these little girls for daughter in laws. Little kids thoughts are so precious!! My favorite part of this whole conversation was knowing that Kaleb has thought about getting married and that he wants to get married in a temple he sees everyday. I am thankful for the Oquirrh Mountain temple that is so close to our home. What a great lesson from my son I learned tonight. I am glad that I am fortunate to have a temple so close and with it being so close, I am glad that it is a constant reminder of the importance of families and living a good life to have eternal life and live with our families again!

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

So cute! Well, Madelyn keeps insisting that she wants to marry Luke, her baby brother. She gets upset when we tell her it's not allowed...

Brooke and Aaron said...

We are so blessed to have temples right down the street from our homes, that our children can see every day. I love that he wants to get married in a temple that he'll see often. I can't believe he's already planning the "who" and he even has a back-up! That's hilarious. I have to tell you... We were talking about temples a few days ago as a family and Emma and Heidi were arguing about which one of them gets to marry Kaleb! Heaven help us!