Thursday, November 18, 2010

Karmindy-isms

Karmindy is really becoming quite a talker the past few weeks! She is putting together small sentences and is communicating more and more with us. It is so nice because there is nothing more aggravating than not being able to help your toddler whom is speaking gibberish and wants something but you don't know what to get for them. A highlight of hearing her talk is listening to her little gruff voice. Many people have commented on how cute it is. Mark and I are wondering if it is a little gruff because of the work the Cardiologists did on her aorta when she was a baby. Your aorta is very close to your vocal cords. All the same, we love our little Miss Karmindy Rose.. There are several stories that I had to get on and jot down before I forgot. To give you a little back ground, Karmindy is a very active little one and is also our "silent destroyer." When the house is quiet, you know that there is trouble in the horizon. Here are my two stories about our little Sassy Princess:

A few weeks ago, Mark and I were able to on an overnight getaway to Park City. In effort to try and get on the road, we were busy packing up the car . Since Mark and I were in and out of the house, Karmindy thought it would be a great opportunity to go into our Bathroom located off our hallway in our home and get into the liquid soap. When I found her she had rubbed it up and down her body, all over her face and arms. I was really bugged because we didn't want to be late but it was funny. I firmly said, "What are you dong young lady?" She smiled at me and said proudly, "Mom, I silk n' smooth!" Silk n' smooth is code for lotion at our house. Karmindy thought that the liquid soap was lotion and was try to do her best to make her self silk n' smooth!

This past week, I was trying to get the house clean before Kaleb got home from kindergarten. On my cleaning day, I plug in a movie for Karmindy to watch so I can get a few things done. While I was cleaning and came into our living room I noticed that Karmindy was not in her usual movie viewing seat and I went to go find her. I looked briefly in all the rooms in our home and still couldn't find her. I decided to go back into our Bedroom and see if she was in the Master Bedroom Closet because she likes to go inside and try on my shoes. She wasn't there but I could here candy wrappers crinkling and saw her sitting behind our bed in our bay window area shoving Peanut Butter Cups in her mouth as fast as she could. I approached her and asked her "What are you doing little missy?" She looked up and said, "Yummy, Mom!" Apparently she decided she needed a snack and got into her dad's peanut butter cup stash in his nightstand and partake of the goods!

Karmindy is also a climber!! She climbs on everything and has no fear of anything until she gets to the peak of something and realizes that she can't get down and panics. Mark has caught her many times standing on the top of the kids' wooden kitchen in her room yelling, "STUCK, STUCK!" I also have had to rescue our little damsel in distress, this week while taking a shower one morning, I could hear Karmindy screaming her bloody murder scream. Karmindy doesn't scream like this unless Kaleb is tormenting her. I started to get worried because Kaleb was at Kindergarten. I hurried and got out of the shower and ran into the kitchen where I found her standing/sitting on the bar in our kitchen. She had climbed up the bar stool and was frozen in a standing/sitting position on the counter top. It was kind of scary knowing that she was brave enough to climb up but was pretty funny seeing the sheepish/terrorized look on her face.

1 comment:

........ said...

Oh Ashlee! You are in SO MUCH trouble with that chickie! I may have to keep Em away for a while so that Karmindy doesn't teach her any...ahem...tricks!;)