Saturday, November 6, 2010

Anniversary Getaway

Yesterday afternoon, Mark and I left the kids with a friend and headed to Park City for an over night get-a-way at the Stein Erikson Lodge. We were introduced to their special fall discounts package from some friends last year. We loved our get away last year so much, that we decided to go again this year. This year we upgraded our package for just a little more and got a suite which had two bathrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen and a beautiful master bedroom/bath. It was wonderful. Let me take you on a tour of our swanky suite!
Here is my handsome husband standing by room 209-1-(our quarters for our get a way). We had a bell hop take our luggage to our room on Friday afternoon(so fancy), so I didn't want to snap any pictures of our quarters then because well, I didn't want to come across as a total goon! :D I took this picture of Mark while we departed this morning. We were both sad to say good bye, for we had so much fun and didn't want to return to reality.
So let me take you on the grand tour of our humble abode during our stay! After you make it through the front door you step into our foyer. Take off your shoes please... Wink,Wink.
Then off to your left is one bathroom.
Then if you go straight you will see our dining area/ living area with fireplace.
Turn to your right you will see our kitchenette.
Then it is off to our Master Bedroom and Bathroom.
Outside the Master Bedroom is your own private balcony with own set of patio furniture to relax, as well as your own private jacuzzi to enjoy sitting and relaxing in the crispy, cool mountain air. Jeez, how would it be to live like this everyday? Luckily, Mark and I wait to go during the off season so we can get a place like this for an 1/8 of what a night would really cost to stay and dine in a place like this!!
Mark and I at dinner in the Glitertind Restaurant. I bought this sexy black dress and pulled out my cheap knock off pearls to wear for my honey! Tee hee! Still, thought I looked pretty dang good! :)

After we arrived at the Lodge we relaxed and checked out the place, then got ready for our 3 course- 5 star dinner which was included in our stay. We got dressed up and headed to the restaurant where we dined on:

1st course
Ashlee- Patron Sauteed shrimp
watermelon, avacado mouse, cilantro

This was a heavenly appetizer. My shrimp were poached and seasoned with a little chili powder and other spices. They were placed on top of pieces of watermelon that had been seared on one side which sat in the avacado mousse. OMGosh was it heavenly!!! Who knew that shrimp and watermelon and avacados would taste so good!

Mark-Charred Kobe Beef Tartare
baby tomatoes, garlic toast, Parmesan crisp

Mark went out on a limb and was really brave for his appetizer. The beef tar tare was very good.
It was Kobe Beef that was seared just a little but uncooked on the inside. Think of ground hamburger that has been browned on the outsides but not fully cooked in the middle. I know it sounds disgusting but it was actually really good when paired up with the baby tomatoes, garlic toast and a little bit of the Parmesan Crisp.

2nd Course
Our second course were our main entree's for the evening.

Ashlee-Muscovy Duck Breast
exotic spices, boniato potato puree, peaches, hen of the woods mushrooms

I went out on a limb and tried something that I have never eaten before with my main course/en tree. The duck was amazing. Think of a tender steak. The boniato potato puree was something like a sweet potato that had been smashed to the consistantcy of babyfood. I know it sounds interesting but it was so creamy and delicious. The peaches were a sweet peach that I had never had before. Mark thinks they tasted like peaches from Japan were he served his mission. Also the hen of the woods mushrooms were to die for. I love shrooms and these hit the spot. When you dipped the duck in the potato puree and paired it with a bite of peaches and mushrooms it was like an explosion of flavor in your mouth! It was delectable!

Mark- Breast of Natural Chicken
heirloom carrots, parsnip puree, baby chard, carrot-ginger sauce

Mark went a little more conservative with his main course after he ate his appetizer. His chicken was really tender and the carrot- ginger sauce was like nothing I have ever tasted. The parsnip puree was something I had last year and it was out of thisworld yummy. I snuck several bites off Mark's plate. I didn't try Mark's veggies but he said they were good.

3rd Course- Dessert

Ashlee- 12 layer Chocolate Cake
vanilla gelato, caramel cream

I liked my dessert but it was more a bitter dark chocolate which I wasn't a huge fan of. When dessert came to our table I was stuffed so I didn't end up eating all of mine. I really loved the vanilla gelato and the caramel cream. Mark also tried my dessert and wasn't a huge fan. I was a little bummed... it was all really good though.

Mark-Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Brulee with
peanut butter banana gelato

Ok, I must admit that Mark and I pigged out on his dessert. It was everything you would think or want a dessert to be. We both love Creme Brulee and this exceeded all expectations of what we thought it would be like. This Brulee had a chocolate custard filling topped with crystalized bananas, crunchy chocolate pieces and peanut butter banana icecream. So, So good!!

After dinner we enjoyed going back to our room to lounge by our fireplace in our bedroom, and soak in the jacuzzi tub on the balcony. Bliss!

The next morning, Mark and I got room service and ordered breakfast in to eat in our dining
room. Mark dined on ham, eggs, toast, and hash browns.
I wanted to try something a little more adventurous and got the Norweigen Bacon/ Potato Pancake with Poached eggs drenched in a Jarlsberg cheese sauce and Cranberries. OMGosh, another winner of a dish! I think I died and went to heaven after the first bite of this heavenly dish.
After breakfast we headed out on our balcony to enjoy some more time in the jacuzzi and sip on
hot cocoa.
An hour later, we got ready for the day and headed home to see our kids and acclimate back to the real world. Ugh! It was a nice break from reality and we can't wait to go again next year! Only 365 days to go and counting....

1 comment:

CharlieJo said...

I can see why you didn't want to leave!!! wow! the pictures were great of the suite..personal hot tub..oh lala! glad you had fabulous get-away and tried some new adventurous food! chat soon!!