Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All I want for Christmas...

Is a CELL PHONE!!?

I had to write down this little conversation that I had with Kaleb before I forget. I thought it was pretty funny, and I am very amazed at how his little mind works at the age of 6! Should I be worried for what is to come? Yikes. This particular conversation takes place a few weeks before Christmas and was one that I didn't think that would need to address until he was a teenager. 

Kaleb: "Hey Mom!" I know what I want for Christmas this year!"
Me: (In excited tone) "What's that?"
Kaleb: (In excited tone) I want a CELL PHONE!!
ME: (me in utter disbelief) "Kaleb, you don't need a cell phone, you are 6 years old!" "What are you going to do with a cell phone?"
Kaleb: "Well, I would use my phone to call you during lunch or recess to say Hi and tell you that I missed you!"
Me: (at this point I am just touched and feeling like awww, my son loves me...also feeling like I am walking on cloud 9!) Kaleb that is really sweet to think you would want to call me while you are at school but you don't need a cell phone, not until you are a lot older....
"ME: (Curiously thinking and wondering to myself what the real reasoning behind wanting a cell phone) "What else would you do with your Cell phone if you had one?"

Brace yourselves for the real reason behind my son needing a cell phone folks!

Kaleb: Well I mostly want a cell phone so I can play ANGRY BIRDS!

ME: (All feelings of being loved and appreciated by my 6 year old go right out the window.... totally feeling like my son loves playing Angry Birds more than he loves his mom? PRICELESS! :D

Giggle, Giggle, Giggle.

This conversation still makes me smile!! 

No comments: