Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

My brother and sister in law and one of my little sisters came up Friday night (June 5th) to see us! I think I was more excited for my brother and sisters to come up then for my own birthday which was the day before. It has been since March since I have seen them and I miss them so much. It was really nice to see and spend time with them on Friday and Saturday night. Luckily the kids and myself were feeling a lot better. On Saturday morning, Mark, Kamberee, me and the kiddos went to the Temple Open House! It was a wonderful experience to go and take the kids and let them see what the temple looks like on the inside and out. We really wanted to take Kaleb to the Draper Temple open house but time got away from us and we weren't able to go. Kaleb has been reminding us ever since that we need to go see the "new temple on the hill." I was bound and determined to get tickets this time around and felt so lucky that I could score a few so our little family and also one for Kamberee so she could join us. The kids did beautifully while we watched the movie that they show before hand and did pretty good while we walked through. It was really nice that we could take Karmindy and wheel her around in her stroller inside the temple. She did really well and was very comfortable in her stroller. She was so comfortable that she took her shoes off and propped her feet up on the stroller tray, laid back and enjoyed the beauty of everything. (We had a lot of people just smirk as we strolled her by). Kaleb loved going inside the temple! I reminded him before going in that we needed to be reverent because it was Heavenly Fathers house and if we were really reverent we could feel the spirit. When we got to one of the sealing rooms and we were all sitting down admiring the mirrors that go forever and ever, Kaleb said in a not so reverent voice said, "I want to feel the Spirit!!" The people in front of us and in back just chuckled. I was a little embarrassed but it was cute that he was trying really hard to feel the spirit and be reverent. His favorite part of the temple was seeing the pretty chandeliers, the water feature out front and of course getting his own bottled water and cookie in the reception tent afterwards. Mark and I were really glad we could go and take the kids and have Kamberee come and enjoy this experience with us! It was such a wonderful experience and we are so lucky to have such a beautiful temple within a five minute drive from our home. We can't wait to go and take in a session when it is dedicated!

No comments: