So lately I have been itching to do something crafty! Last year prior to moving up north my old ward did some really cute Super Saturday projects and since I was busy packing our little family up, I didn't have the opportunity to go and finish the stuff I ordered. It feels like our little family has had our share of colds, the flu (hope it isn't the swine one - Wink, Wink. Just kidding.) and teething babies over the course of the past two weeks!! I have been going crazy just staying here at home so I decided to finish last years Super Saturday projects and threw in an additional project to work on too. It has given me something to do since my kiddos and myself have felt a little under the weather. (My hunny Mark never seems to get sick. I tease him all the time that he must have a cast iron immune system because nothing ever makes him sick or seem to phase him.)
The first project I tackled was my tile wreath. I made a tile for almost every holiday during the year. I would like to try cutting some additional wood tiles and make a St. Patty's day tile and Valentine's Day tile to add to the mix. Here is the finished project~




My next project was my Artwork board. I have been really looking forward to making this so we can free up our fridge a little bit with the array of artwork that we have on there and have another place to display Kaleb's masterpieces (and eventually Karmindy's when she gets old enough). I thought it turned out cute. I painted it brown and it has beige lettering to match the rest of my black, brown and beige decor throughout my home.

My last project I found off of the internet. I know, I know as much as I want to take credit for the idea I can't. I didn't want you all to know that I have to copy things because when it comes to thinking crafts up I am as crafting impaired as they come but I went for it and did it. I am good at copying things though and I thought my monogram tile project turned out so cute. I made a couple of monogram tiles- for one of my dear friends and one for my sister in laws. Their birthdays were coming up so I wanted to make them something crafty for their homes. This project was really easy! Click here to go to the instructions on how to make your own monogram tile. I did make some changes just with the backing. I know press board doesn't cost much but to help cut costs I used chip board instead. I think it worked just as well and is just as sturdy. I also mod podged the scrapbook paper on to the chip board. I didn't use too much for the fear of getting the chip board all wet. It turned out really cute though and I just put the finished project on a cute easel.
I really love doing crafts. I feel so self fulfilled and Martha Stewart like! I really enjoyed doing these projects! Hope they inspire you like the inspired me! =)
The first project I tackled was my tile wreath. I made a tile for almost every holiday during the year. I would like to try cutting some additional wood tiles and make a St. Patty's day tile and Valentine's Day tile to add to the mix. Here is the finished project~
My next project was my Artwork board. I have been really looking forward to making this so we can free up our fridge a little bit with the array of artwork that we have on there and have another place to display Kaleb's masterpieces (and eventually Karmindy's when she gets old enough). I thought it turned out cute. I painted it brown and it has beige lettering to match the rest of my black, brown and beige decor throughout my home.
My last project I found off of the internet. I know, I know as much as I want to take credit for the idea I can't. I didn't want you all to know that I have to copy things because when it comes to thinking crafts up I am as crafting impaired as they come but I went for it and did it. I am good at copying things though and I thought my monogram tile project turned out so cute. I made a couple of monogram tiles- for one of my dear friends and one for my sister in laws. Their birthdays were coming up so I wanted to make them something crafty for their homes. This project was really easy! Click here to go to the instructions on how to make your own monogram tile. I did make some changes just with the backing. I know press board doesn't cost much but to help cut costs I used chip board instead. I think it worked just as well and is just as sturdy. I also mod podged the scrapbook paper on to the chip board. I didn't use too much for the fear of getting the chip board all wet. It turned out really cute though and I just put the finished project on a cute easel.
I really love doing crafts. I feel so self fulfilled and Martha Stewart like! I really enjoyed doing these projects! Hope they inspire you like the inspired me! =)
5 comments:
So cute!!! I LOVE the tile wreath! That's my favorite!
Really cute! You make it look so easy.
ASHLEY THOSE CRAFTS ARE SO CUTE.
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO COPY YOUR INITIAL ONE.
GLAD THAT YOU ARE ALL FEELING BETTER.
You are so creative. I love how your house is always decorated with cute sayings and frames.
You're hired to come decorate our house when we buy one!
Post a Comment