The Kennocott Copper Mine was really interesting to see. It is one of the largest Copper Mines in the world and is also the biggest man made mine in the world!! It was mind blowing for me to see something so big and of this magnitude so close to our home! In fact the mine is so large you can see it from outer space! It was also fun to see the 240-320 ton trucks that take the copper ore and deliver it to the in-put crusher that reduces the matter into the size of soccer balls before it is loaded on a 5 mile conveyor to the Copperton Concentrator. Before we surveyed the mine we went into the visitors center and watched a brief movie about the mine and then made our way outside to check out the mine. The kids enjoyed looking into the mine; especially Kaleb! He enjoyed looking through the viewfinder and watching the trucks directly below us. This was definitely worth taking a morning and going to see. I think my kids will remember this outing for awhile.
Looking into the mine- The pictures don't do the mine justice! It is massive!
Karmindy and Kaleb sitting by an old copper ore loader! This is what they used to use to get the copper out of the mines.
Kaleb is pointing to where he is at in location to the mine! It is huge!
I sprung the 25 Cents for Kaleb to look through the viewfinder. This was Kaleb's favorite part of the outing!
The little mine discoverers: Kaleb, Avery and Karmindy
4 comments:
How fun! We want to take Gavin there this summer. I went when I was in elementary but have been interested in going back.
Oh my goodness I haven't been there since I was a kid! How fun! I need to take my kiddos there. I know T would LOVE it! You are such a fun mom always taking your kids to fun places. One of these days we should go somewhere fun together!
I had no idea it was so big!! I may have to take my boys there sometime! The parade looked fun, too! It looks like you have been having a great summer! Is Kaleb excited for Kindergarten?
https://www.cekaja.com/info/koin-kripto-yang-punya-potensi-datangkan-keuntungan
Post a Comment