Sunday, August 1, 2010

Aunties & Uncles


On Friday, my little sister Kamberee and my brother in law Ross, came up to spend the weekend with us! I love when my family can come and see us especially since they live 300+ miles away!! I especially look forward to spending time with my sister(s) when I get a chance too! My kiddos also enjoy spending time with there Aunts and Uncles! Kaleb especially enjoys when extended family visits! He will ask about when a certain extended family member is going to come and will continue to ask until they arrive. The anticipation of this visit was huge for Kaleb, he has a special bond with his Aunt Kamberee! Kaleb asked a week in advance as to when Kamberee was coming and I showed him that I had marked it on the calendar and told him that he could keep track as to how many days were left until her arrival by marking each day off. Needless to say, he came to me later that day and showed me a calendar he had made on his own which he has been crossing the days off on it ever since!
On Friday Night when Kamberee and Ross arrived, we headed out to dinner and then enjoyed coming back to our home and socializing. What my kids love, is when my sister takes an interest in them and gets down on their level and plays with them! Aunt Kamberee did just that!! Oh how my kids love their Aunts and Uncles! I truly heart family! Today at church, Karmindy would only go to Ross and enjoyed sitting on his lap while he played quiet games and read her books. My kids are totally spoiled by their Aunties and Uncles, which they love and I do too!!

No comments: