
Yesterday was Kaleb's first day of school! He was very excited to start Kindergarten. I on the other hand was a little apprehensive about the whole thing but we made it through the day. I was so nervous for Kaleb! I haven't been that nervous since I was kid. Yesterday we got ready and walked up to the bus stop that is just a couple homes up from our house. I wanted Kaleb to ride the bus and get used to it. Kaleb has several older friends in the neighborhood and they were very protective of him and looked out for him while waiting at the bus stop. I know that with them taking a special interest in him, it helped him to be more confident. They like Kaleb so much that they let him sit at the back of the bus with them and only the 5th and 6th grade kids sit at the back of the bus. Kaleb felt so honored and appreciated. After Kaleb got on the bus I followed him to school, met up with him and then took him to the kindergarten playground where the kids in his class were lining up. Kaleb went into his classroom just fine but I could tell he got a little chocked up. I did too. I didn't cry though and was so strong! I kind of had to chuckle to myself because there were tons of moms who were just sobbing as they said goodbye to their kids and it all seemed kind of funny to me. It isn't that I am hard-hearted but even though I was nervous for Kaleb I am really excited about this next step in his life! It makes me sad that he is growing up; especially, when I see old baby pictures of my little boy but I guess I just have known that this time was coning! After school, I picked Kaleb up and he said he had a fun day of coloring, playing on the playground, playing with play-doh and making and eating a cookie shaped bus. Kaleb's favorite part about the whole day was riding the bus! I am very proud of my little boy having made it through a new step in his little life! May the rest of the year be a wonderful one!

Kaleb in line for the bus! Brandon Rowe and Madison Pidcock were his "older" buddies and are standing behind Kaleb. I appreciated them looking out for him!
1 comment:
He's so big it makes me want to cry!! I still see him as that cute little baby with the mickey ears in your previous post. Where does the time go?!! I LOVE that he's got older buddies to watch out for him. How fun!
Post a Comment