
This past Friday, we joined up with some friends and went to the demolition derby at the Salt Lake County Fair! I truly LOVE Fairs! When I was younger we went to the fair every year as a family. Over the course of the summer, my mom would teach me and my younger brothers and sisters to bottle certain vegetables and fruits and help us make craft items so we could enter them into the fair. For each entry that we entered, we got several bucks. We would then use that money to buy our food and tickets for the rides at the fair. I have found memories of going with my family and friends while I was growing up! It was also a fun tradition in our family to wear one of your new school outfits on the nights that you visited! Good memories!! One thing that I never did do when I was younger, was go to the demolition derby at the Washington County Fair. When my friend called and invited us, Mark and I jumped at the chance to go and take our kids. Kaleb and Karmindy loved every moment of the derby. Karmindy is an extremely active little girl and she sat so still through the whole thing, except for the down time when they had to to move the wrecked cars from the field. It was also darling to watch her because she would yell, "Go cars, Go!!" Mark and I, along with our friends enjoyed making bets on which old clunker car would win! While we watched the derby, it was also fun to "people" watch! These events truly bring out your inner Redneck! We can't wait to go again next year with our friends and are so glad that we got to share this experience with them this year!

Kaleb enjoying the Derby! He gave it two thumbs up!

Go Big Daddy!!! (My friends and my favorite car!)

No comments:
Post a Comment