Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kindergarten Testing

It has been so nice this past week, because Kaleb has had some time off from school. With him being enrolled in Year Round School, each track takes around a week off to test all of the kindergartners on that track and see what they have learned and where they are at academically. Kaleb's test was scheduled for today at 10. Kaleb, Karmindy and I all headed to the school and after we dropped Kaleb off in his classroom for his 45 minute evaluation. Karmindy and I had some time to kill so we headed to the playground so Karmindy could play. It was nice to have some one on one time with her since both kids are usually with me. It also gave me a chance to take some pictures with my new camera that I got for my birthday. The pictures  turned out darling. Here are a few of my favorites.



After the 45 minutes were up, Karmindy and I headed back to Kaleb's Classroom to visit with his teacher. Kaleb is doing well in every subject and is reading like a champ. His teacher expressed how impressed she was with him and told me that he was reading well above grade level. This made me so happy to hear because I have been diligent about working with him and reviewing flash cards everyday with him after his homework was complete. I am so proud of Kaleb. He is a very smart little boy who loves to learn. I hope that he never loses that desire. I am also very proud of the little boy that he is becoming. He is kind to all he meets and is a good friend to everyone.

After Kaleb's testing, I snapped this photo of Kaleb with his teacher. So cute. So grateful for Mrs. Titus this year. She has been a wonderful teacher to Kaleb. She is so patient and kind.

 Kaleb is looking forward to 1st grade and is thrilled to have 2 recesses to look forward to this next year. I am sad however because my little boy is growing up and I will miss him while he is gone all day for first greade. I certainly will miss my good little helper and buddy. I love you son and I hope you know how proud we are of you!!

No comments: