I celebrated my 30th birthday on June 4th, or should I say I celebrated my birthday several days in advance and after the 4th. On Wednesday June 2nd, Mark surprised me by arranging for a babysitter to watch the kids so he could take me out to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown. Mark has eaten here several times for work but I have never been. He knew I would love it and I did. We ordered BBQ shrimp and I ordered the petite filet with shrimp on top. The steak and shrimp were the best I have ever eaten. Our waitress took really good care of us and since it was my birthday, she let me choose any dessert off the menu since it was my special day. Also, when our waitress brought our leftovers all boxed up to our table she told me that she snuck two chocolate raspberry cupcakes in just because. It was nice to be treated like royalty and taken care of. It was a really nice evening and I enjoyed spending it with Mark and we both look forward to eating there again soon!
On Thursday night, my friend Carlynn took me to go get a pedicure and then after that I was able to get out with her and several other best friends from my neighborhood. We all headed to Chili's for appetizers and desserts. It was fun to catch up with them and visit. I truly love all of my darling friends and neighbors. I had my camera with me that night but I forgot to take a picture of all of us.
On Friday night, my dear friend Emily Hattaway and I went to Color me mine, it is a pottery painting shoppe where you can go and pick out plates and other ceramic pieces and customize them to your liking. Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a small fetish for really good cupcakes. I found the cutest cupcake platter and painted it. My friend Emily painted a cute piggy bank for her daughter who is celebrating her birthday this month as well. We had a lot of fun creating all evening. After being artsy we headed down to The Sweet Tooth Fairy Bake shoppe for dessert. We both got cupcakes, SURPRISE! :)
On Saturday, Mark and the kids spoiled me. I woke up and opened presents. Mark and the kids got me a brand new camera and case. I have been wanting a Cannon for so long!! I am so excited to have it and have been enjoying taking pictures. It was fun to spend a low key day with my sweet husband and kids. During the morning and afternoon hours we spent watching Kaleb play a soccer game and then we went to Arctic circle for lunch and let the kids play on the playground. That night we ordered Cafe Rio and spent a nice quiet evening in.
I had a really nice birthday and received many nice gifts, cards and well wishes. It was a really nice way to start out my 30's.
1 comment:
How cute is that?! I wanna see it all fired and finished! We should do that as a girls night...not that I'd be able to go anyway!
Post a Comment