Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Potty Training in Fashion


That is one happy girl! The above picture in this post is a real life depiction of how the last two weeks of my life has been! Super fun!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Frankly, it has been the worst of times. There is one thing in my few short years of being a parent that I despise...and that is potty training. I think it is one of the hardest things you have to do as a parent. I think it is hard because you have no control over the matter and it has too be your child's idea and readiness to take the next step toward being a big girl or boy. It is also hard because when I potty train my kids, I feel like I have to stay close to home for them to have any success. So needless to say, it has been a long two weeks spent inside and close to home-limited errand running. During my attempts to potty train Karmindy, I stripped her down to just a shirt and her panties. It's summer so I have been pretty relaxed about it all. In fact, I have been so relaxed with it all, that I have let Karmindy out of the house in her shirt and panties. I know what you're all thinking...I know, I am ONE OF THOSE KIND OF MOM'S who let their children run naked in the streets. Frankly, when you are on your second go around with potty training you just don't care. :) I know, I am horrible. Gasp. It gets better, Karmindy in the last two weeks could be seen riding her tricycle up and down our road in her bike helmet, shirt,undies and tennis shoes. Talk about a fashion statement. Also, I didn't forget to let her blow bubbles in this remarkable outfit, but hey who is judging? Everyone? :)

GLAMOROUS!!

The road to having Karmindy potty trained has been a long, and hard one. At first.we tried everything with trying to get Karmindy interested in potty training- bribes, new toys, trips to McDonalds and candy. Nothing was working and anyone that knows Karmindy knows how feisty she can be if she doesn't want to do something. Fast forward Two weeks later, and we are finally have success.

This is where this journal entry cuts out and the angels in the heavens start to sing beautiful potty trained praises!! 

Oh it is just Beautiful.

I am really hoping Karmindy will stick to being potty trained because if she doesn't I am going to need a lot of cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy and Large Amounts of Cherry Coke to get me through this hard phase! :) Wink.

All joking aside, I am really proud of  Karmindy and hope she knows how much her family loves her!

No comments: