Monday, September 19, 2011

Cowabunga Dudes!

This past Wednesday (September 14th) we had the opportunity to go to Cowabunga Bay! Our friends and next door neighbors had some extra free tickets, so they offered them to our family. We graciously excepted. Kaleb and Karmindy love Cowabunga Bay and had begged Mark and I to take them this Summer. However, it never felt like we could find a day to go. The weeknights were busy and the weekends were crazy! Thankfully with school underway and Fall Baseball over with we were glad we got to go. We didn't end up telling the kids until Kaleb got home from school that day. We just told them to go get their swim suits on and get in the car. I was teasing Kaleb and it was driving him nuts because I wouldn't tell him where we were going. He would try and guess where we were going and I would tell him that his guess wasn't the place. He finally guess Cowabunga Bay and he was so excited!
When we got to the park we road the lazy river for a bit. It was starting to get a little chilly so we wanted to warm up. After we warmed up we headed to the slides. Mark took Karmindy and I took Kaleb. Both the kids had a blast. Kaleb was a little more timid when it came to the slides but Karmindy wanted to tear it up. Mark said she would've gone down the biggest slide they had if he would've let her. She is quite the Dare Devil and it totally makes me CrAzY!! Somedays  Most days I think she will drive me to an early grave!! It was so nice to get out and do one last BIG outdoor activity as a family before the weather turned cold!

Mark with the kids!
Kaleb getting warmed up after swimming!
Super Cheez!


No comments: