Monday, September 26, 2011

Say Cheese...


I have really enjoyed the new camera that I got for my birthday. I have wanted a new camera for so very long and so it has been such a treat to have nice equipment to work with to capture cute moments like this one of Karmindy. There is also a really cool editing program called piknic on the www. The program lets you do all kinds of nifty things to pictures. I am loving it. This is my first picture to edit and play around with. I think I may be in love with this program and I might even upgrade to the other fancy gagets. We will see. 

However, all hasn't been rosey with my camera, a few weeks ago, Little Missy a.k.a. Karmindy was caught stepping on my camera.Yes, she was using it as a stepping stool to climb on to our bed. Yikes. She totally jammed the lens so I could even take pictures in manual. After Mark, my go to fix it guy, looked at it and popped it back into place all was not well. I was ticked and so sick to my stomach at how much it was going to cost us to either repair or replace the lens. After calling around and talking to photo professionals they said that buying a new lens would be a lot cheaper than repairing it! One hundred and fifty bucks later I am back in the business to snap more pictures. That amount definitely hurt paying for a whole new lens. From now on, I will be a little more responsible and not leave my camera on my nightstand or even in arms reach for little fingers to touch or use as a stepping stool.

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Whoo! I would have been SO MAD if my new camera was broken like that!! I constantly find Luke messing with mine. I wish I had a nice new one, but maybe having old junkers is safer for now with him around!