Friday, September 9, 2011

I was a King Today!

Kaleb is really enjoying first grade this year. He had a little bit of a tough time with the new schedule and being gone all day but has now adjusted and is loving everything. He especially loves lunch and recess. What kid doesn't? I have really been impressed with Kaleb's teacher, Mrs. Forman this year. She is the cutest friendliest older lady and is so very organized. I am amazed at the stuff that Kaleb brings home. So far she has bound several books for all the kids in her class of the projects they have been working on. Talk about time consuming and going above and beyond. I am grateful to her for all the wonderful things she does and helping Kaleb to have a fun 1st grade year experience. I have also been able to go and help twice a month in Kalebs class and help read with the kids in his class. It has been so fun to meet the kids and get to know Kaleb's classmates. It has also been nice to see where Kaleb is at and where I can help him.

Today, Kaleb came home so excited. He told me that he got to be the king for the day. Apparently if you are King for the day you get to be a special helper and you also get to have some special attention from your classmates. The King and Queen for the day get their names chosen randomly out of a jar and they get to sit at the front of the class. The teacher then lets the kids ask them questions that are about them. Kaleb loves attention and truly felt so special that day at school. He came home with a poster that his teacher had written about Kaleb's likes and it had a special sticker on it that said, "I was a King today!" Here is what Kaleb's Poster said:
"My name is Kaleb. I love to go to the park and play at the playground. I love to ride my scooter. My favorite treat is a fruit snack. Junie B. Jones are my favorite books to read. Yellow and Orange are my favorite colors."
We are so proud of you Kaleb and are so glad you enjoyed your Day as King!

No comments: