Monday, January 19, 2009

Daddy's Day Off and Crepes for Breakfast!

Today Mark had the day off because of Martin Luther King day! He hasn't ever had this holiday off before because the companies that he has worked for in the past have considered it a regular working day, so it has been a treat to have our "Daddy" home with us. To celebrate his day off, Mark surprised us this morning and made (his dads recipe)crepes for breakfast!!
I always look forward to when Mark makes crepes for us because they are so yummy. Today, we went all out and we dressed them up a bit. We usually eat our crepes smothered in butter and then top them with jam, powdered sugar or with maple syrup. Today though, we made a cream cheese filling to put inside and then drizzled warm cherry pie filling over them and topped them off with a squirt or two of whipped cream. They were very yummy and I thought I would share the recipe with all of you so might all enjoy making them. Even if it is for celebrating something as simple as a day off! Happy Monday! Enjoy!

Mark's Famous Crepes Recipe
6 eggs beaten
1/2 of a stick of butter
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup flour
3 TBS. Sugar

Mix ingredients together and then pour onto hot griddle. Make sure you rotate pan and get the crepes super thin. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Serve warm with butter, syrup, pie fillings, cream cheese filling, jam and or whipped cream.

We topped our crepes off with cherry pie filling.

Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz. Cream cheese filling
1/2- 1 cup of Powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together and then spread on crepe. Roll up and top with jam or with pie filling of your choice and whipped cream.

7 comments:

Quin said...

Crepes are my absolute favorite breakfast food!! That is awesome that Mark made that for you guys. I hope you guys had a great day with him home. I hope you are liking your hair.

Unknown said...

Hey that last post was me, I didn't realize that we were signed in under Quin's account.

Heidi said...

I love making Crepes. It's fun to see new recipes. How are you liking your new home?

Elder Larkin said...

Mmmmm. those looks soooo good!

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

Yummy. Yes, I finally found your blog, sorry it took so long. Mary Lynne told me how... I hope you don't mind. Your kids are adorable- I am so glad to see karmindy doing so well and they both look very happy. I love your house and I am jealous that you have more winter left. I ordered a new jacket online and by the time it got here it was too warm to wear it. It should not be spring yet!! Enjoy the land of the North!

LJKreyling said...

Those crepes look so yummy. I'll have to try out your recipe. Although I'll have to substitute strawberry's because no one except me likes cherry's. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so adorable! Kaleb looks like he had a great birthday.

Maren & Danny said...

Danny loves crepes-thanks for the recipe! :0)