Tuesday, January 13, 2009

KALEB: Our Birthday Boy Turns 4!

Today is Kaleb's 4Th birthday!! I seriously can't believe that he is turning four. I feel like I just had him. Time is really flying by... All of the birthday excitement started yesterday afternoon when the post office dropped off a huge box on our front door. It was from Kaleb's Grandparents (Frisbey). Kaleb was so excited for me to open the box that they had sent up and see the presents they had wrapped up for him inside. After opening the box and laying out his presents on the kitchen table the door bell rang again and it was the UPS driver dropping off an order that I had ordered for Kaleb's birthday. After bringing that box in, Kaleb said: "Is that box for my birthday too?" I just laughed and told him yes. He really loves the attention and gets so excited just like I do. Kaleb was so excited all day yesterday. It was just too cute to watch. Getting him ready for bed, was hard last night because he was so excited and didn't want to go to sleep. (You'd have thought it was Christmas Eve) Luckily, he did and I was able to hang up the birthday sign with balloons and lay his presents on the table to surprise him this morning.

Our morning began early because Kaleb was in our room telling me he was ready for his breakfast (cold cereal which is his favorite) and that he wanted to open his presents. While eating his breakfast, his Auntie Linda called him to wish him a Happy Birthday. He loved getting a call from her. She sang Happy Birthday to him and asked him what he was going to do for his birthday. He was grinning from ear to ear. After eating breakfast, we let Kaleb open his gifts from us (books, Lincoln logs and a kid kit that contained a book on trains and a model that you can put together and take apart. Almost like a Lego.) and also a gift from his Auntie Linda(remote control jeep).






We are going to let him open his gifts from his grandparents tonight when his dad gets home from work and then we are headed off to eat dinner at Chilies (the place where the birthday boy requested!) This afternoon we are going to jet off to Smiths and pick up Kaleb's birthday cake. He requested a "Cars" cake with Lightening McQueen on it. I will post more pictures later of our birthday boys fun filled day.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

First of all, I love your house! It's so cute! And it looks like Kaleb had a great birthday! Our Chandler will be turning four in July and I can't believe it either!

Elder Larkin said...

What a great kid. Don't you just love the excitement children have for everything? I also think it's great that you didn't skimp on the B-day gift even though his b-day is right after Christmas. Way to go Mom! What a special day for a sweet kid. He is super cute!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb!! I can't beleive how much stuff he got. That is more than I have ever gotten for any of my birthdays. I am glad that he had a great day.

Mary Lynne said...

Four already?!?! Sounds like a fun birthday. I sure do miss that adorable kid!