
For Breakfast this morning I tried a new recipe to celebrate 2009: Gingerbread Pancakes! I wanted to start the tradition of making Gingerbread Pancakes on Christmas morning but when I went to the grocery store to buy molasses everyone was out! I couldn't believe the run on molasses. I guess I had the same idea everyone in the area had! At least everyone was using it in some recipe in their holiday baking. Luckily, when we ventured to the store this week to prepare for New Years morning breakfast, the stores had their shelves stalked again! I wanted to share this yummy recipe with you all. It is definitely worth making! We hope 2009 will be a wonderful year for everyone!
*Love the Frisbey Clan*
GINGERBREAD PANCAKES
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon canola oil
Apple Pie filling, warmed
Pancake syrup
Whip cream
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil and molasses; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with warmed pie filling, pancake syrup and whip cream.
1 comment:
Ashlee!! THis is Amber Eves, I found your blog off of Heidi's. I hope you don't mind. I Wanted to comment on how cute your family is. I hope you enjoy your new home. If you ever want to check up on us, you can leave me an email address, and I'll invite you on my blog...It's PRivate. deanmonson@hotmail.com
Post a Comment