On Saturday we got up early and got the kids ready to travel up to Roy/South Ogden area to see Mark's Grandma and a few of Mark's cousins. Our first stop was at Mark's Grandmas home in Roy. Mark's Grandma Stewart is such a delightful, spunky person! I love her to death and Mark and I were both so grateful for the opportunity to take our kids to see her so they could build a relationship with her. It has been awhile since we have seen her, in fact, it has been a little over a year since we have gotten to visit with Grandma. The last time we got to see her was a year ago at Marks little sisters wedding in St. George in September of '07. I am so glad we are living closer now that we can just take a day and drive up to see her. We definitely won't be letting a year go by before seeing her again. While we were there visiting her, Mark's Auntie Jolene stopped by to see us! It was really nice to see her and catch up with her as well.

Kaleb, Grandma Stewart, Mark and Karmindy
We had such a fun time visiting with Grandma. Kaleb had fun visiting her and playing with her toys that she had in her hall closet. Grandma spoiled Kaleb and put several Oreos in an empty chocolate box to take home to enjoy later. She won his heart over.
Our kids are really fortunate to have several of their Great Grandparents alive to visit and get to know. Mark has two grandmas and I have two set of Grandparents that are still alive. What a treat it is to have the kids get to know them. I have fond memories of going to see my "Grandma Great" Stratton in LaVerkin, Utah while growing up. Grandma Stratton was a cute spunky lady and a real sweetheart. I remember she always had those pink mints that tasted like Pepto- bismol that she would share with us. She also made good raisin cookies. Yum.
After visiting Grandma, we traveled down to South Ogden to visit with Mark's cousins Dave and Roxanne and their kids. We love them to death! They are some of our most favorite people in the world and such great examples to us. We met up with them at their home and then headed to a restaurant called GriDelis. It has some amazing food. It has something for every one's taste buds. I highly recommend stopping at this place if you are ever in the neighborhood. Mark and I tried several of their menu items. Mark ordered the Cajun Philly Chicken Sandwich and I got their fish tacos. I split my fish tacos with Roxanne and she split her pulled pork sandwich with me. Everything was so yummy. They also have some of the best fries and fry sauce I have ever tasted. The food was truly to die for. I told Mark we might be making more trips up to South Ogden to eat their with Roxanne and Dave more often!!
It was really nice to visit with Dave and Roxanne and their kids. Roxanne is truly one of my favorite people in the whole world. Whenever we get together we have such a blast and just laugh, giggle, and relate just like sisters do. In fact, whenever we are together we just tell everyone we are sisters because we are just so much alike. She is truly a kindred spirit to me. If I had another sister it would be Rox! I love ya to pieces Rox!
I can't forget Dave, he is one of the greatest guys I know. (Besides my Hubby) He has such an energy about him and Mark and I both love to hang out with him.
Thanks Dave and Rox for meeting us for lunch and hanging out. It was a blast to get together and catch up.
After we ate lunch, we headed to Roy again and visited with Mark's cousins Rhett, Julie and their to girls. It was nice to catch up with them and also have our kids play together. Kaleb had such a great time with their oldest daughter, Lilly. They are actually only a couple of months apart so they were really good little pals and played so good together.
It was such a fun Saturday to get to see Marks side of the family and catch up with them!!
Saturday night, I got a call from the Executive Secretary to schedule an interview with a counselor in the Bishopric for the following morning. Talk about nerve racking!! I went and it was pretty painless despite my worrying all night. I am going to be one of the New Activity Days Leaders! There are four leaders to 20 girls! I was like in shock at how many youth we have in our ward when they told me about how many girls we have but I am sincerely so excited. I am a little nervous because I have never worked with just girls before and I don't feel like I am the coolest person that girls might look up to but I am going to give it my all and hopefully have some fun along the way as well as make some new friendships with the cute little girls in our ward as well as the other leaders!
13 comments:
Hey that's a fun calling! (actuallly it's my calling) Out here we do it a little differently though, our primary is so small that we don't do cub scouts so they combine everything and call it Activity Days and I'm in charge of all the kids ages 8-11. I have about 6-8 kids but usually only 1 or two show up. So big difference in the experience, but still a fun calling. I learned it doesn't matter how uncool you think you are or the activities you come up with, the kids LOVE it and appreciate the fact that you do it for them!
Hey, how funny I just got called 3 weeks ago in our new ward to be the achievment day leader. I get to be with another lady, so it's not bad...I actually love this calling, it's great!!
You are the coolest person and I know those girls would look up to you. That is great that you got to spend the weekend with family. We need to get together soon. I need to get your stuff to you. I can probably get it to you on friday because I am gone the rest of the days. I hope you have a great week.
I love that Picture of grandma! How I miss her, and dave, I like dave. I have memories of us hanging out in Mexico! Looks like a lot of fun!!! Oh, we went geo cashing with mom and dad, it was Brandon's first time and he loved it! He found all the geo cashes, what a professional already!
I can't think of anyone better for those girls to look up to. You've always been one of my favorite cousins. Next time you're up this way give us a call!
So exciting on your new calling! You will be wonderful! I miss you tons!!!
What a great calling Ashlee! I can't think of a better person to work with the YW. It's a fun calling. You're gonna love it!
you will be awesome!
So I know I didn't call because I knew I wouldn't have time. We were in the car the whole time. Not at all fun. I miss you, too. This neighborhood is lame. I just fixed the video on the blog. Go check it out. It is funny. Love you.
You will be the girls' fav! Thanks for checking out my blog- your is soo cut!
How fun to be able to spend more time with your relatives up there. I think that your new calling is perfect for you! You are so much fun and those girls are going to love you.
Grandma's are the best aren't they? I can't wait to be the spunky grandma that gives all the kids candy even when mom says 'no'!
:0)
Congrats on the calling-you will love it! If you haven't already heard sugardoodle.net has lots of great ideas. Good luck!
You will be awesome at that calling. That is nice that you will have help too. We miss you guys.
We have to plan another AC:FC get together now that we all have Wii speak.
Post a Comment