QUICK AND EASY HOMEMADE OREO COOKIES
1 package devils food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil or 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening ( I don't know which one is better for you but I went all out and used the butter flavored shortening!!)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into balls (a little larger than a quarter). Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet (until warm). Remove cookies from sheet and place on cooling rack. To assemble the cookies, add a tablespoon of filling into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie similar in size on top of filling. Lighting press to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream.
OREO COOKIE FILLING
1 stick butter
1 block of cream cheese (8 ounces)
3-4 cups of confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
** The filling recipe makes a lot so I ended up doing two batches of cookies and we still had
frosting left. I froze the remaining frosting to use at another time. Maybe for grahm crackers!
Hope your family enjoys these as much as our family did!
4 comments:
those are my absolute favorite cookies. I am excited about this afternoon!
It sound Yum!!! I also love these cookies too.
ASHLEY WE FORGOT TO EXCHANGE E-MAILS AT KADENS LUNCHEON.
MINE IS
demillejill@yahoo.com
MY BLOG ADDRESS IS
notquitesoseriousmoments.blogspot.com
LOVE YA.
I love homemade oreos! Next time for the frosting make it with 1/2 cup cool whip, 8 oz. cream cheese, and 1 cup granulated sugar. They are way addicting!
Post a Comment