
Several weeks ago I did a little research on dentists in the area and found us a great one! I am always a little nervous when choosing a new dentist because you never know what kind of dentist they will be. I always get a little anxious in knowing what to do. I mean you want to find a great Doctor that will provide excellent care for your family and not do shoddy work on your mouth that will have to be repaired later. Since I have worked for several dentists in the past I have a little bit of an idea of what to look for. Luckily I found a great Dentist that is really close to our home that we loved. We went and saw Dr. Miller who works for South Valley Dental a couple of weeks ago. It was Kalebs first dentist visit and he was really excited!! I think my dental assisting skills helped prepare Kaleb with knowing what to expect. Kaleb loves when I clean and floss his teeth. To floss his teeth, I have him lay on my bed and then have him put his head in my lap while I floss his teeth. He thinks its great when mom plays dentist! I love it to! I love taking care of peoples teeth and see them be proud of their smiles. It is very rewarding.
For Kaleb's first Dentists visit he passed with flying colors which made his mom and dad so proud! He did so good while he had his teeth x-rayed, cleaned and checked!! We recieved many compliments on how well he behaved! For his reward the hygienist gave him two gold moneys because he was so good! Kaleb was thrilled to use his gold coins to get a necklace and a rubber snake!
Mark and I weren't so lucky and have to go back and have some old fillings redone in the next week or so. In our defense though we had no cavities!! I have been having some sensitivity on one tooth when I bite down. I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn into a crown. My personal goal is to not have any crowns until I am 40! Hope it comes true! I think I might be a little fanatical with teeth! Can you tell?
2 comments:
ALL I CAN SAY IS, " I HATE DENTISTS".
THAT'S IT.
I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT.
Way to go Kaleb! I am taking Jake for his first one next week. I'm way nervous as to how he will react. How did you prep Kaleb?
Post a Comment