Monday, March 30, 2009

Mother Nature is Confused at What Season it is!

I am getting really tired of the snow and want spring to stay awhile. We were teased a couple of weekends ago with some amazing spring weather! Mark and I got outside with the kids and went to work on our yard. It was so nice to be out side and so rewarding to see our yard spruced up a bit. Mark was edging our lawn with our weed eater and one of our really great neighbors came over with his professional edger and let Mark use it! We really appreciated it because Mark would have been out there for hours edging the lawn with the weed eater. While Mark was edging, I went to work on our flower beds underneath our windows out front. The previous owners let grass and weeds take over and it looked terrible. Luckily, some of the daffodil bulbs that they planted are still doing well and I have been enjoying watching them emerge from the ground and bloom! After Mark was finished edging, he helped me finish cleaning out the planters and we dug a trench around the area. We are hoping we can have some one come and lay a cement edging around our planters out front soon. It is going to look really nice when we can get it all completed! It is hard to believe that our little "Spruce up the Yard Saturday" was almost two weeks ago! Since then we have had snow or rain fall almost everyday since.

Today we woke up to snow! Again! I think there was at least 1-2 inches outside. Since the snow usually melts by early afternoon, Kaleb and I took advantage of it this morning and went and played in it for awhile. Luckily, Karmindy was down for a nap so I didn't have to take her out into the cold. Kaleb and I had fun making snow balls, shoveling the drive way and he also enjoyed me teaching him how to make a snow angel! Here are some pictures of our fun filled morning!

Here are some of my daffodils trying to survive, while mother nature makes up her mind on what season it is!

Kaleb and his BIG SNOWBALL!

Mommy and Kaleb making the most out of the wintry spring weather!

Kaleb playing out in the back yard.

Kaleb enjoying his candy cane hot chocolate after coming in from the cold weather!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a cute mom! I can't believe how much Karmindy has changed since I last saw her. We need to get together soon. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you on saturday. I ended up doing hair all afternoon after the shower.

Amber Monson said...

I do not envy you and that snow...but it does look like you had fun in it.

JILLIAN said...

SOMEONE TELL THE WEATHERMAN IT'S SPRING!
WHAT A CUTE MOM.
I LOVE THAT YOU ARE MAKING THE BEST OF THESE LAST STORMS.
WE HAVE BEEN ENJOYING GOOD OLD HURRICANE WINDS. REMEMBER THOSE?
YOU ARE PROBABLY BETTER OFF WITH THE SNOW.

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

Haha the sun is shining here! Good luck with the snow! I hope you don't freeze!!!

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

SNOW....Are you still enjoying shoveling???