Friday, May 15, 2009

One of my favorite mothers day gifts...

Last Friday Kaleb went to his first primary activity! I took him and dropped him off. I felt a little bad leaving him because he is getting so big and he doesn't seem to mind being away from his old mom anymore. I on the other hand, love having Kaleb around, I love spending time with him and he is such a big help to me around the house. I can't believe he, my little boy, is growing up! Sniff, Sniff. After dropping Kaleb off, I went home and spent some quality time with Karmindy. We read books and played together! It was fun to have some alone time to spend with her. even though we missed brother.

Kaleb had the time of his life at the Primary Activity. When I drove into the church parking lot, he was running around with the other kids and eating his "Creamies" ice cream bar. When I asked Kaleb if he had fun, he immediately said "I had a great time Mom!" While he was there all the kids made their moms a special little booklet that had a poem and their hand print for Mothers day. The Leaders also asked each of the kids some questions about their moms and then wrote down their answers in the booklet. To finish off their booklet, they took a brown paper bag and had the kids decorate the outside and tie it with a bow. It really was a darling idea! I wanted to share the cute poem and some of the questions and of course my favorite of all- Kaleb's answers.


Mothers Day Poem

Sometimes you get discouraged
because I am so small
and always leave my fingerprints
on furniture and walls
but every day I'm Growing--
I'll be all grown up some day
and all those tiny fingerprints
will surely fade away

So here is one little hand print
just so you can recall
exactly how my fingers looked
when I was very small.
Question and Answers

How old is your Mom?
Three more months
How tall is your mom?
She is very tall

What is your favorite meal that your mom cooks?
Hot Dogs and Chicken! :)

What color are your mom's eyes?
Blue. ( I was really impressed that he got this right!)

What makes your mom happy?
When I do something right.

What is your favorite thing to do with your mom?
Play games with her

What does your mom do when you aren't around?
She wraps presents for Christmas (Loved this answer!)

Why do we have moms?
Cuz we do!

How did Heavenly Father make moms?
I don't know

What was your mom like when she was your age?
She was sunny. ( I got thinking about this. Kaleb can't say his f's and they come out like s's so he actually was meaning to say that I was funny. I guess that I am pretty serious now! :))

What is your mom's favorite color?
Green ( Kaleb gets his reds and greens mixed up. What he thinks is green is really red!
Which is my favorite color! He can actually point to my favorite color. Colorblindness? I am not sure yet. Although, it does run in our family.)


How do you know that your mom loves you?
Cuz she does

What food does your mom make best?
Hot Dogs! ( I thought this was hilarious! They are actually Kalebs favorite food, so I am glad that I can cook them well!)

What is the recipe for your favorite food?
Hot dogs
buns
Mustard
Ketchup

I love this little present that Kaleb made me for mothers day! It truly touched my heart and it was so fun to see that he really does recognize things about me and enjoys things about me. I love you son, Thanks for the wonderful mother's day present.

3 comments:

Ora said...

That is so special! What an awesome idea for a primary activity! I love little kid answers.. the hot dog stuff cracks me up!

JILLIAN said...

I LOVE THAT HE KNOWS THAT YOU LOVE HIM ,"JUST CUZ"!.

Brooke and Aaron said...

I agree that this was a great Mother's Day gift too. So cute. I'll have to read Emma's answers to you sometime. They were kind of funny. Kaleb's were adorable.