Friday, May 15, 2009

Our miracle baby is ONE!

I can't believe that Karmindy turned one today! This past year has really flown by! Today has been a day of rejoicing and counting our blessings especially counting Karmindy as one of them. It is amazing to think a year ago, about this time of night (11 pm) we were being told that our Daughter was born with congenital Heart disease and would need open heart surgery to repair two holes in her heart and a constricted aorta. It was devastating news to hear as parents, especially when we had no knowledge that our daughter had any problems prior to her birth. As many of you may know, with in hours of finding out, Mark and Karmindy were life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. I joined them several days later. At four days old, Karmindy had open heart surgery! I can still remember sitting next to Mark at PCMC and having the doctors tell us what was involved in having open heart surgery. I have never been so scared in my life! The scariest thing was knowing that the doctors would have to stop her heart and then perform the surgery and then start her heart again. As a new mother, it was one of the scariest things I have had to go through. I was also so scared for my little baby girl! Mark and I said many prayers as well as friends and family in her behalf. I know those prayers were heard and it really is a miracle and an act of our Heavenly Father in letting her stay with us here in mortality. Especially when we know many of the little babies that lay next to Karmindy in the NICU and PICU have since not made it. We are so grateful for our daughter!Karmindy's surgery went well and all defects were able to be fixed. We spent 3 1/2 long weeks at PCMC and were so glad to take her home when she was around a month old!

It is amazing to look back and Since the get- go Karmindy has had a lot of fight in her. While I was pregnant with her she would squirm and kick so hard! If I was laying a way she didn't like, she would let me know and kick me until I would turn.

I know that this "Strong Will" is what has helped her be with us today! Karmindy continues to show us her "Strong Will" daily! It is one of the things we love most about her! She is as feisty as they come! She is also quite mischievous and can't be left alone for too long before finding things to get into and make HUGE messes. And I mean HUGE!!!! She constantly keeps me on the move! It has been so fun to watch her progress and learn new things and adapt little habits and traits this past year- and just grow and develop her little personality.
All in all, we love our DeeDee you are such an example to your family. We love you so much and love your determination and strong will. We are so grateful to have our little Dee in our family. Mark and I are so grateful and feel so priviledged to be your parents!
Happy First Birthday Sweet heart!

A trip down memory Lane-- Bitter sweet!

I was about a month away from delivering Karmindy in this picture!

Our little peanut is here! She weighed 6lbs. 9 ounces and
19 inches long!

Karmindy with her daddy! She is a total Daddy's girl!

Several Days after having open heart surgery!

Our little Sweet"heart" recovering from Open heart Surgery on the
Recovery Floor.

We Get to Take you Home 6/7/08!!!


Karmindy - Our sleeping beauty!


Our little Bug!


Around 3 months old!


6 months old!


Today!

Our little Dee!

* Stay tuned for more pictures of her birthday party!

7 comments:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

Karmindy is such such a sweet little girl. I can't believe how much she has changed. We know she is here to do some very important things. Happy Birthday Karmindy...I mean your royal highness! :)

JILLIAN said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARMINDY!
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!
A MIRACLE, A BLESSING AND A DOLL.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to the cute girl! She is a doll! Have a fun party! We need to chat one of the days!

Mary Lynne said...

Karmindy is such an adorable, precious girl! It's unbelievable to think about what was taking place only a year ago at this time. I love to just look at her and think about how special she is. What a miracle! I hope she had a great birthday!

Brooke and Aaron said...

She truly is a miracle. You and Mark are amazing for enduring this and I'm so glad that she's doing so well. We were so sad to have missed her party. We'll give you her gift next time we see you. I'll call you this week! We just rolled into town.

Unknown said...

Wow what an amazing miracle Karmindy is. I can't believe all that you guys have gone through. You guys are amazing and don't show like you have been through a lot. You are always happy and sweet to everyone. I hope her party went great. I am sorry we couldn't make it. Happy Birthday Karmindy.

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

I never told you about Germany?!!! I swear I did! haha, I just forget who I've told and who I haven't I guess! We are coming up this weekend and we are now coming up in our own car so we want to for sure come and see you guys!!! I'll text you though with more info!