Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Our Christmas morning didn't turn out as we had planned. Around 4 am Kaleb wandered into our bedroom and said he had thrown up all over his new jammies and in his bed. I got up and got everything cleaned up. By that time, Karmindy was a awake and Mark was holding her. While I was cleaning up the throw up mess, Kaleb said with a twinkle in his eye, "Mom? I saw those presents out there... Can we open them??" I thought, well everyone is up we might as well. The kids had a fun time opening a few presents but clearly were not enjoying things as Mark and I had hoped. We were all tired and ornery, so we decided we would all go back to bed and then get back up and open presents later when we all had a little more sleep. Around 8:30 Kaleb came back to our room and we all got up and opened presents. Kaleb continued to throw up but I think the excitement of opening presents kept him excited and helped him feel better. Gladly he stopped throwing up by that afternoon. We are atributing his throwing up to being so excited and also not eating the best on Christmas eve. Christmas Morning ended up being not to bad and was actually enjoyable besides Kaleb not feeling well.
After presents were opened and everyone was dressed and ready, our friends who had celebrated Christmas eve with us came over for Brunch. We made Crepes with Cream cheese filling and cherries and whip cream. We also had hashbrowns and bacon and O.J. It was a wonderful morning. That night we got back together with friends and had Christmas Dinner. I made a Turkey, sweet potatoes, Turkey gravy, rolls and my friend brought a yummy jello and salad. Eveything was so yummy.

Dee Dee So excited to see what Santa brought her!Kaleb opening up a gift from Santa. I feel bad because I only took a couple of pictures of him. It seemed like whenever I got ready to take a picture of him he would tell me he had to throw up and I had to run for the upchuck bowl and had to put picture of him on the back burner. Hope he will forgive me when he gets older for not having a ton of pictures of him at Christmas time in '09.
Karmindy tackling her present from Santa. She wasn't too interested in opening presents just wanted everyone to open them for her to see what they were and then she was off playing with them.
Karmindy's dolly! She loves this little doll. It came with a stroller, pack n' play and a highchair. It is fun to see her take a liking to girl toys. She is usually so content on playing Cars with her Older Brother.

Santa spoiled us this year. Here is Mark cleaning up the mess. Another big hit with the kids was the kitchen in the background. They have played with that thing since they got it. Best investment ever!!!

Gifts are great but the greatest gift that has been given to us is Our Savior Jesus Christ. How greatful I am for him and all that he has done for me. Another great gift is having wonderful family and dear friends to share our lives with. Whether you are near or far, please know of the love that our family has for each of you! We truly have been blessed in 2009!!

4 comments:

Ora said...

I can't belie how big your baby is! Looks like you guys had a great christmas!

Heidi said...

That is no fun to be sick on Christmas! That has happened in our house before! It looks like Santa spoiled you guys this year!

imaginecreateloveit said...

Looks like Santa found his way to your house. Your kids have grown up so much! Hope they are feeling better now.Merry Christmas! We miss your cute family.

The Yoder's Five said...

That is a super cute kitchen. What brand is it? We are looking to buy one for Madelyn.

Sorry Kaleb spent Christmas morning throwing up!! That is NO fun!