Saturday, December 5, 2009

My little Bach and Beethoven

About a week ago, one of my Aunties called me and asked if I would like her old piano. I was thrilled and took her up on her gracious offer. On Friday night, Mark and one of his good buddies drove to her home and picked it up for me. We have only had it a day and I have been sitting down at the piano to play every chance I have gotten! I am so rusty from not having been able to play for several years. I am hoping all that I have learned will come back to me!!

I have also had two little enthusiasts follow my example. Kaleb and Karmindy love it and I have had to keep my eye on them from them pounding on the keys. Kaleb is really taking a liking to it and will sit down and play a jumble of notes and tell me it is one of his preschool songs he is playing for me. I might have to quickly act on this enthusiasm and get him signed up for piano lessons in a few years. I love having music in my home again!!

4 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

I'm thrilled for you! What an awesome aunt you have! Here's to many years of piano plunking at the Frisbey house!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Awesome! I bet you were so excited when she called and offered that to you!! Maybe we can do a duet or something next time I come over?. :) Your house is so festive! Don't you love this time of year?! I sure do! Part of me hopes this month drags out longer because I don't want Christmas to be over, but fortunately we can feel this happiness all year long. It's just a decision we each make. Your family is always so happy. I love how my family feels around your's. Thanks for the smiles!!

Heather said...

Okay, I'm going to quit lurking and actually leave you a comment! Did you know that Taunna Broadhead teaches?! We used to have a piano (on borrow from a friend) and I kind of miss having it, even though nobody in our family can truly play it! Hope you enjoy it!

Heidi said...

That's so awesome! My grandma said I could have hers if I could find a way to safely get it out of her basement! I would love it! It makes a house more of a home I think!