Thursday, December 11, 2008

A little of this and a little of that!

I have so much to blog about but I didn't want to make individual posts about everything so this particular post is a mod-podge of all the different things the Frisbey Family has been up to for the past couple of weeks!

This year we invested in a smaller tree that I found at Walmart for a whole whopping $35! I was too cheap to buy one for $80-$100! I must admit though, for $35 it is really cute and very compact which we really like!! Our old tree was huge and took forever to set up and also took up the whole living room. We decided to splurge on our new tree because we knew that our old tree would have never fit in our cute little twin house! We set our tree up the last week in November because we knew we wouldn't be able to do it Thanksgiving weekend with being out of town visiting family!

Here is our 2008 Christmas Tree:


Kaleb loved helping decorate the tree this year! We love that he is older now and understands what is going on. It has been so fun to watch his face light up and see him get so excited about Christmas!
One of the fun new things this year that Kaleb seems to be enjoying is moving our little Christmas Countdown daily. We have a little Gingerbread man that you move from pocket to pocket which corresponds with the day. Each morning he wakes up bright and early and runs down stairs to place the gingerbread man in the next pocket. It is really cute to watch. He will ask, "Are we getting closer?" "Is it Christmas time yet?" Also, one of his little friends in the ward brought him over a Christmas countdown. It has little doors that you open and inside is a chocolate and a little picture that you can look at inside the door. He has also loved doing this in the mornings after his Breakfast!




Can you believe it? Karmindy is turning 7 months this month on the 15Th! I can't believe that she is getting closer to being a year old! Where does the time go? Some of Karmindy's milestones for the month are sitting up, eating more solid foods, being on her tummy and rotating in a 360 degree turn, sucking and gnawing on her thumb and teething!


Karmindy is getting very mobile and if she sees something that she wants, she maneuvers over to it. It is amazing to watch her get to where she wants to go by pushing herself around with her arms.
Just the last two weeks, Karmindy has found her thumb! I don't know how excited I am for this because I was a thumb sucker when I was little and it is a terrible habit. It is also really bad for your teeth. (You all know me and my obsession with good teeth!) I am hoping it is because she is teething! I haven't seen any teeth yet but I feel two little bumps on her bottom gums! I can't believe she will get two at one time! Hopefully they will make there appearance soon because she has been really cranky the past few weeks. I feel so bad for her because I know she is miserable.



I can't believe how fast this month is going by! It has been a huge month for reaching milestones at our home! It is so fun to see Karmindy progress and also see Kaleb catch on to knowing his colors and getting to know his alphabet!
I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas Season as much as our Little Family is.
Happy Christmas!

3 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

I'm surprised those presents under your tree are still wrapped with Karmindy on the move! What a cutie! And Kaleb looks so grown up!

Unknown said...

Wow they have really progressed and learned a lot of new things. I love your tree. It really doesn't look all that small. Our tree is just a tiny bit bigger than that. I have your hairspray by the way. It was $9.50. I will try and get it to you this weekend.

Elder Larkin said...

Looks like you guys are ready for the holidays!