Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend!!

This past Wednesday, we traveled down to Southern Utah to spend the weekend with our families! It was so nice to go "home" even though our home is now in Herriman. It was a such a "spirit lifter" to see our families and visit with them. I especially enjoyed seeing my family because it has been almost 3 whole months since I have seen them. I have missed them terribly since moving up north.

After arriving in St. George Wednesday night, we headed to Marks parents home to have dinner with them and his little sister and her husband. My father in law made his famous shrimp and crab legs. As always everything was divine! I love seafood, so I always look forward to my father in law making it for Mark and me!! After dinner, we spent the evening catching up and visiting.
On Thanksgiving Morning, we took our time getting ready for the day and watched The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. While waiting to head to my in laws for Dinner, my sister in law Nicole took some family pictures for me. They turned out great! We are planning on using them for our Christmas Cards. This is one of our family photos:


Our first family photo!

On Friday morning, I met my mom and little sister Tiffany at Krumpets around 7. We then headed to Tai Pan and also JCPenney to do a little Christmas Shopping. I made out like a bandit at Krumpets and got so many things on sale. It was a lot of fun to spend time with my mom and sister.

We had fun making fun of this wreath because it had a huge bird on it! We had to quote a couple lines from the movie, Dumb and Dumber. I know we are such dorks!

Some of my cute purchases I made on Black Friday:

My cute berry wreath!

My Snowman Plate and Winter Wonderland Block!

My Santa Claus cookie jar!

My Family, Friends, and Faith Plates and plate holder!

On Friday and Saturday, Mark and I took the kids to spend those days with my Parents in Hurricane. It was such a blast to see all my younger brothers and sisters. We had a lot of fun visiting and hanging out. On Friday night, Kaleb went with his Aunt Kamberee to see Madagascar 2. He had so much fun going on his date with Aunt Kam!

Kaleb and his Auntie Kam headed off to the Movie!

On Saturday Night, me and all of my brothers and sisters and their boyfriend and girlfriends headed to the movies to see Twilight! We had a lot of fun.

Mark and me waiting for Twilight to start! I was so excited!!

My Brother Kaden with his cute girlfriend Amber!

On Sunday, on our way home from Southern Utah we stopped in Beaver and met up with some good friends of ours. They make the drive to Northern Utah each year to see their families for the Thanksgiving weekend. Since they were making the trek back down and we were going back up to Northern Utah, we both thought it would be fun to take a break from driving and see each other. It was so nice to see you Todd, Liz and Sydney! It was so good to visit and catch up with you. We miss our great friends and neighbors!

Our Thanksgiving weekend was a blast! It was so good to spend time with family! What a great Blessing our Families are to us! We love you all and were so glad we got to spend the weekend with you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you got to go spend time with your family. Your relationship with your sister sounds a lot like mine with my sister. We went christmas shopping the other day and saw a bird and did the same thing with the dumb and dumber movie. It is also good to have you guys back. We will have to get together during the week sometime seeing that we are both home a lot.

LJKreyling said...

The pictures on your blog are great! Your little girl is so cute. Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving. I'm impressed that Mark went with you to see Twilight. Jamie said he'd rather have a root canal than go see it. Primary just isn't the same without you. Take care

Elder Larkin said...

MMMM! Crablegs are my favorite. I wanna come next time. Looks like you had fun shopping, and going to the movies. I liked Twight too. I think I'd like to see it again.
Glad you had such a great holiday.