When Kalebs friends came to the door, we put a pirate dew rag on each of the kids heads and gave them a silvery skull ring to wear. After that the kids sat up to the kitchen table and colored and personalized their own pirate hat. I got the pirate hats from a restaurant down in St. George. It is called Pirate Island pizza. The pirate hats were seriously so stinkin' cute!
The birthday boy so excited for his party!
A few of Kalebs friends personalizing their Pirate Hats!
LtR: Caleb Bradford, Jaxon Trimble, Kaleb, Sterling Lund and Sydney Searle
After the kids colored and personalized their pirate hats, we opened presents and then played a game, "Pin the Eye patch on the Pirate Skull." The kids had so much fun. I was really proud of myself too because I made the whole game. I drew the skull and decorated it and then laminated it and each individual eye patch.


After the game we all went back into the kitchen for cake and icecream. After birthday cake and icecream, we went on a treasure hunt. I am not very poetic but I am married to a man who writes beautiful poetry for me on occasion, so I ropped Mark into helping me with the Treasure hunt clues. I also made a treasure map for Kaleb since he was the Captain of his party crew.
Our Treasure Hunt went Like this:

Arrrggg Maties! Welcome to Blackbeards Treasure hunt!
To find the treasure it won't take long, all you have to do is play a little song! (The kids then had to go and find where you would play a song. We had the clue stuck to our piano)
#2-If you are cold, this is the place to be, It will have you warmed up in one, two, three. (This clue led the kids to the fireplace in our front room)
#3- when your clothes get covered in dirt and grime, this place will get them clean every time. (This clue led them to my laundry room, the next clue was stuck to the dryer)
#4- You are coming far along the path, now let's go and take a bath! ( This clue led the kids to the Bathroom Tub)
#5-You're almost there you Landlubber, lastly go where you would cook your supper. (My treasure chest with the kids goodie bags were hiding in the stove.)
The kids loved the Treasure Hunt! Mark and I only wish we would've written a few more clues because by the time the kids got into it and understood how to play it was over. Oh well, you live and learn. Also I am kicking myself because I forgot to take pictures of all Kaleb's friends that were at his party. Another thing that you live and learn from.
After the Treasure hunt we turned the kids loose and let them go play until their parents showed up to pick them up.

Mark and I felt like the party was a success! The kids seemed to have fun especially Kaleb. The most rewarding part of the day was when Kaleb came up and said thank you for throwing him a pirate party! I love the little rewards of motherhood. I am so Glad Kaleb enjoyed his 5th Birthday Party!
Keep Reading......
LtR: Caleb Bradford, Jaxon Trimble, Kaleb, Sterling Lund and Sydney Searle
After the kids colored and personalized their pirate hats, we opened presents and then played a game, "Pin the Eye patch on the Pirate Skull." The kids had so much fun. I was really proud of myself too because I made the whole game. I drew the skull and decorated it and then laminated it and each individual eye patch.
After the game we all went back into the kitchen for cake and icecream. After birthday cake and icecream, we went on a treasure hunt. I am not very poetic but I am married to a man who writes beautiful poetry for me on occasion, so I ropped Mark into helping me with the Treasure hunt clues. I also made a treasure map for Kaleb since he was the Captain of his party crew.
Our Treasure Hunt went Like this:

Arrrggg Maties! Welcome to Blackbeards Treasure hunt!
To find the treasure it won't take long, all you have to do is play a little song! (The kids then had to go and find where you would play a song. We had the clue stuck to our piano)
#2-If you are cold, this is the place to be, It will have you warmed up in one, two, three. (This clue led the kids to the fireplace in our front room)
#3- when your clothes get covered in dirt and grime, this place will get them clean every time. (This clue led them to my laundry room, the next clue was stuck to the dryer)
#4- You are coming far along the path, now let's go and take a bath! ( This clue led the kids to the Bathroom Tub)
#5-You're almost there you Landlubber, lastly go where you would cook your supper. (My treasure chest with the kids goodie bags were hiding in the stove.)
The kids loved the Treasure Hunt! Mark and I only wish we would've written a few more clues because by the time the kids got into it and understood how to play it was over. Oh well, you live and learn. Also I am kicking myself because I forgot to take pictures of all Kaleb's friends that were at his party. Another thing that you live and learn from.
After the Treasure hunt we turned the kids loose and let them go play until their parents showed up to pick them up.
Mark and I felt like the party was a success! The kids seemed to have fun especially Kaleb. The most rewarding part of the day was when Kaleb came up and said thank you for throwing him a pirate party! I love the little rewards of motherhood. I am so Glad Kaleb enjoyed his 5th Birthday Party!
Keep Reading......
3 comments:
So cute! I'm highly impressed by the skull! You are such a cute mom. T is starting to outgrow the pirate loving phase and it makes me sad....
That pirate cake you got was so cute too! I wish I would have known about that a couple of years ago for Thomas's party. Oh well!
Wow! You are such a fun mom. Looks like he had a great party!
It was our first pirate party and boy was it a blast!!! Thank you for having us! You should be an event planner in your spare time (what's that?)!
Post a Comment