I always look for ways to keep the kids occupied during these cold months but finding things that don't cost a lot of money can be difficult. This past Tuesday, one of my friends called me and in an effort to to heal those winter blues, we both decided to get our combined four rambunctious, stir crazy kids out of the house. Our destination was the South Towne Mall in Sandy. I love this mall! It has many fun things for the kids to get excited about. They have escalators, elevators, a carousel, train rides and last but not least, the indoor dinosaur park. The cost of the dinosaur park= $0 dollars. It is a carpeted gym area. It isn't much but to four stir-crazy home-bound kids, it is Disneyland. On this little outing, it was fun to watch my own kids get crazy with excitement as they slid down slides, looked in the funny mirrors, stepped in the dinosaur tracks, spun the gigantic globe, and rode the swimming dinosaur. Kaleb and Karmindy had a blast and they enjoyed playing with their friends. Afterwards, I took them to the candy store and we got smarties and gummy bears. Our little excursion cost me a whole $3 plus the gas to get to the mall. Next time I might really slurge and let them ride the train and the carousel. From one home bound stir crazy mom to another, what do you do to help fight those cold, winter day blues??
Karmindy riding the Water Dinosaur!
Round and Round the gigantic globe goes, where it stops only Kamindy knows!
Sliding down the dinosaur slide!
Matthew, Luke and Kaleb having fun in a motorized car!
Playing in the dinosaur hide out!
Kaleb's friend Matthew. My own kids wouldn't really let me take their picture but Matthew was up for it! I had to post this picture- too cute!
Kaleb's friend Matthew. My own kids wouldn't really let me take their picture but Matthew was up for it! I had to post this picture- too cute!
1 comment:
WHAT A FUN MOTHER YOU ARE.
I SUFFER FROM THE WINTER BLUES AS WELL IN FEB. AND JAN.
I JUST TRY TO FIND SOME INDOOR PROJECTS TO DO BECAUSE ONCE SPRING TIME HITS I WANT TO BE OUTSIDE ALL THE TIME AND DON'T GET ANYTHING DONE IN THE HOUSE.
Post a Comment