It's Birthday Time for Kaleb! I can't believe it... My little boy has turned the BIG 5 YEARS OLD!!! How did time fly by so fast? I feel like It was only yesterday that we had him and that my baby nurse handed him to me all bundled up and smelling so good.
It has been really hard for me to come to the realization that my little guy is getting older and that must mean that I am too! YIKES! It is fun though to watch him grow and learn. He is loving preschool and looks forward to it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The past few weeks he has "graduated" and is bringing books home to read to Mark and Myself. Crazy! He is doing very well with his reading. Kaleb is really smart( I am not just saying that because I am his mom- wink, wink) and I marvel at how quickly he learns and catches on to things. He is really good with his hands and loves to build things. He can take things apart and put things back together at the drop of a hat. He loves Legos and will look at the pictures and recreate things by just looking at them! (Maybe he will be a future architect or even a surgeon and make his parents lots of money!) He also has one of the best memories of anyone I know. He will ask me all the time, "Mom, do you remember when we went and did that?" What is funny is that it will have been something that has happened several years ago, which would make him 1 1/2 or 2 at the time. Most of the time I have forgotten but will remember when he tells me about the memory he has had. Amazing!!
All in all, I love this stage and enjoy watching my little man grow and learn...
Kaleb was so excited for his birthday this year that he could hardly stand it. On several occasions I would hear him singing Happy Birthday to himself as he got ready in the morning. The funniest moment was when I knew he was in the bathroom doing "his business" and he was singing at the top of his lungs, "This month is such a special one, it's birthday time for me!" Yes, he takes after his mom, not that I singing on the throne but in the effect that I love birthdays, parties or anytime to celebrate. My family will all agree about this and they give me such grief about my enthusiasm for any type of celebration. I am the one that gets giddy like a little school girl thinking about presents, party planning and of course the food! Even though I get teased relentlessly, I am glad that I have passed down this "zest" for taking joy in the little things in life to Kaleb.
On the day of Kaleb's birthday he had preschool and it was also his VIP (very important person) day. On this special day, the moms get to bring in their child's favorite treat to share and also a poster board of them featuring pictures and information about their likes and dislikes. Kaleb loved being the center of attention! He got to wear a (yellow- his favorite color) crown for the whole entire class and be the teachers special helper. I went in the first part of class and talked a little bit about Kaleb's favorite things. I made a poster board with a ton of pictures on it and of course Kaleb's favorite things listed on it. Kaleb wanted to take Chocolate Milk to share with his class and all the kids loved having their own little cup with drinking straw of chocolate milk. (I found the cutest paper cups with lids and matching straws at Walmart for a screamin' price!)
After Preschool, I picked him up and we went to Smith's to go and pick up his birthday cake. Kaleb requested a Pirate Birthday Cake. He is loving anything that has to do with Pirates these days!
Kaleb with his Pirate of the Caribean Cake!
Kaleb with his presents!
Kaleb loves his Play-Doh Hamburger Builder! Thanks Nanna D and Grandpa D!
I found this cute bomber jacket at Wal-Mart and I just couldn't pass it up! Doesn't Kaleb look so handsome in leather?
Kaleb with his razor scooter. He has loved riding it in our basement since it is still to cold to be outside much.
That night after Mark got home from work we opened presents and then we went to Chilis (Kalebs request) for dinner. Kaleb seemed to really enjoy his day!
All in all, I love this stage and enjoy watching my little man grow and learn...
Kaleb was so excited for his birthday this year that he could hardly stand it. On several occasions I would hear him singing Happy Birthday to himself as he got ready in the morning. The funniest moment was when I knew he was in the bathroom doing "his business" and he was singing at the top of his lungs, "This month is such a special one, it's birthday time for me!" Yes, he takes after his mom, not that I singing on the throne but in the effect that I love birthdays, parties or anytime to celebrate. My family will all agree about this and they give me such grief about my enthusiasm for any type of celebration. I am the one that gets giddy like a little school girl thinking about presents, party planning and of course the food! Even though I get teased relentlessly, I am glad that I have passed down this "zest" for taking joy in the little things in life to Kaleb.
On the day of Kaleb's birthday he had preschool and it was also his VIP (very important person) day. On this special day, the moms get to bring in their child's favorite treat to share and also a poster board of them featuring pictures and information about their likes and dislikes. Kaleb loved being the center of attention! He got to wear a (yellow- his favorite color) crown for the whole entire class and be the teachers special helper. I went in the first part of class and talked a little bit about Kaleb's favorite things. I made a poster board with a ton of pictures on it and of course Kaleb's favorite things listed on it. Kaleb wanted to take Chocolate Milk to share with his class and all the kids loved having their own little cup with drinking straw of chocolate milk. (I found the cutest paper cups with lids and matching straws at Walmart for a screamin' price!)
After Preschool, I picked him up and we went to Smith's to go and pick up his birthday cake. Kaleb requested a Pirate Birthday Cake. He is loving anything that has to do with Pirates these days!
That night after Mark got home from work we opened presents and then we went to Chilis (Kalebs request) for dinner. Kaleb seemed to really enjoy his day!
1 comment:
ohhh I remember when Kaleb was that small! What a little dear. I'm in shock as well that he is 5. That just seems so old to me! Time flies when you're having fun!
Post a Comment