Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baseball, Yard Work & My Little Spring Chick!

As of late, the activities at the Frisbey home have consisted of running to and from Kalebs baseball games, and Yard work. Then in my spare time, I have been sewing a few sun dresses for Karmindy. I love life when it is so full!!

Kaleb is coming a long really well with his baseball. He is catching on and I see some real talent in him. It is so fun to watch him progress in such a short couple of weeks. He is doing well with his throwing and catching! We are still working on hitting the ball with those heavy bats. He does pretty good and has even gotten a couple of hits at his games. Most of the time though he hits the ball off the tee. I know that I am his mom but I think that we might have a baseball player on our hands! I love watching Kaleb get so excited for his practices and games. Mostly I love watching him enjoy the sport!! Here are a few pictures that I have taken of Kaleb while at his games.

When we aren't busy with baseball we are working on our yard. For those of you that know, our yard was seriously a wreck when we bought our home. It was a short sale and the previous owner(s) just let the beautiful yard go. Mark and I have been busy trying to revive the grass with fertilizing and watering. We have also tweaked the flower beds and the areas around our trees to make them look more pleasing to the eye. Are next step is preparing to pour curbing around these areas. I am excited for the transformations and I am hoping we can get our yard in even better shape this year than last. It is always such a waiting game for lawn and other plants come back after being neglected. It is especially hard for me because I have no patience and love having things "now!" This waiting game is definitely teaching me patience.

In my down time in the evenings when the kids are in bed, I have been sewing and making hair bows for Karmindy. It is so relaxing to make things for her and I enjoy this "me time" at the end of the day. It is also nice to have something to show for my evenings instead of watching the good ol' boob tube! Here is one of the latest sundresses and a couple of hair bows that I have made for Karmindy. Here are a few picture of my cute little Spring Chick. Isn't she cute?

Karmindy was not in the picture taking mood. Check out that sulky face!Kamrindy warmed up a little to the idea of getting her picture taken when I gave her one of my daffodils to hold. I have such a diva on my hands but I love her bunches!

2 comments:

Steve and Katie said...

Those bows are so cute! I totally need to learn how to tie the ribbon into bows. I stick with the flowers...but I would love to have ribbon too! Way to be cute and creative.

Heidi said...

Cute dress! She is darling. Sounds like you have plenty of things keeping you busy this spring. But hasn't the weather been perfect???