Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Game Time!

Yesterday was Kaleb's first Baseball game! He was so excited and counted down the days until his game. Then on game day he counted the hours until we headed out the door to go to the baseball field. Kaleb looked so official with his last name written on the back of his t-shirt. He also has the cutest matching hat. Kaleb and the boys on his team were so darling to watch. Since they are still so little, the game really ended up being a hit-a-thon between the two teams. None of the boys manned the bases and they all just stood in one line and waited for the ball to be hit to them. Then they would attempt to throw the ball to first to try and get the hitter from the other team out. Very cute and funny to watch. My favorite part of the game is watching the boys run the bases with their huge helmets on. They look like bobble heads! What a joy it is to watch Kaleb at this stage of his life! I love it! Kaleb was being a stinker and wouldn't let me take or get any pictures of him hitting or smiling for the camera. Next time I will do my best to get some pictures of him in action and just not let him know! I think I might have a "5 -year- old- turning- teenager" on my hands. Apparently, he is too cool for getting pictures taken in front of his friends.

* The picture to the top right is of Kaleb (3) with his friend Caleb Bradford(5). They are waiting for their turn to bat.

4 comments:

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

How freaking cute. I LOVE it. He looks so official! Can't wait to see you guys this week!

CharlieJo said...

soo fun! I can totally see the bobble heads. hahaha. what a cutie. glad you had fun at the first game!

........ said...

Go check out my blog! Karmindy is now an "official Blog Baby"! Let me know what you think of her button. If you want to add or change anything let me know. I will email the info to you...

Brooke and Aaron said...

Oh my goodness. So stinkin' cute! That's crazy to think that our kids are old enough for kindergarten and extracurricular sports. How fun. I love that Mark is the coach too. I'm sure you and Karmindy were wonderful cheerleaders for Kaleb and his team...what a fun family activity.