Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Take me Out to the Ball Game...

About a month ago, Mark and I decided that Kaleb was old enough to participate in an extracurricular activity. We decided to sign him up for Spring (Coach pitch) Baseball.
This is Kaleb's first year at giving baseball a try. There are some fun perks that go along with it too! The first perk, is that there are a couple of boys/friends that are in our neighborhood and ward that are on his team. The second great perk is that Mark was asked to be the Head Coach. Mark was also able to pick his assistant coach and that has been nice because he was able to pick one of our neighbors and friends to help him. The assistant coach is a dad to one of Kalebs friends that is on the team.
When Kaleb found out that his dad was going to be the coach, he was so excited. He loves having his dad as his coach!! It is so cute to watch Kaleb get so excited and ask when the next practice is going to be with his dad.
It is such a joy to watch Kaleb and Mark play in our back yard and at the practices together. I have seen a huge improvement in Kaleb over the past few weeks of practices and can't wait to watch him play his first game this weekend! It is so much fun to see him run the bases with a huge helmet on his head. I am so glad that Kaleb is enjoying this experience of playing ball but mostly getting the opportunity to spend time with his dad. Let's Go A's!

4 comments:

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

HOW FUN!!!! I love that Mark is the head coach!! How fun for both him and Kaleb. Good bonding time! Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Lisa said...

Getting to watch your kids activities is so fun! Enjoy it!

Maren & Danny said...

That is so cute...I can't wait to do all that 'boy stuff' with Owen soon. We are getting a little tired of ballet recitals :0)

Amber Monson said...

How fun. Our T-ball season starts next week. I flows into the soccer season for 3 weeks so we will be overlapping a lot of game and practices, but the kids love it and we wouldn't have it any other way. I can tell by that picture that they both look excited to be together.