This year we decided to carve our pumpkins the night before Halloween so they wouldn't get moldy and shriveled. The kids were so excited to carve them. The moment we brought our pumpkins home from the patch the kids have been pestering me to carve them. This year while we were at Target browsing through the Halloween decor we came across some darling Mr & Mrs. Potato Head Pumpkin kits. They were adorable. Kaleb found a pirate one and Karmindy a princess one. They are just like Mr. & Mrs. Potato head pieces... you just poke them into a pumpkin. I figured that these were a little safer for the kids then handing them a knife and letting them whack at their pumpkins. The kids were so excited to buy their pumpkin kits and they carried them proudly out of the store.
On the night of carving pumpkins, we invited Kevin and Kayla over to carve pumpkins with us. We all had fun carving our pumpkins and eating some Baked Pumpkin Donuts that I made. It was a really fun evening. When it came to the kids' pumpkins, Mark only helped the kids a little bit by drilling a hole for the pieces. They kids really enjoyed using the Mr and Mrs. Potato kits. I love that they can use them again next year!
Mark and I carved our own pumpkins. Mine was a little mushy on the bottom but we made mine work. I think our pumpkins turned out great! I loved Mark's evil pumpkin face the best! We can't wait to carve pumpkins next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment