Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Kaleb's Girl!














A few weeks ago, Kaleb and Karmindy received an invitation to a combined prince and princess birthday party for Kaleb's friend, Emma and her little sister. Emma is the little girl that I have mentioned before that is in Kaleb's sunbeam class. Kaleb adores and calls her, "My girl!" It is really too cute to listen to him say that. He really is a little Casanova and he is only 4! (I am a little Leary to know what the future will bring with my girl crazy son!)

Kaleb has been really excited to attend Emma's birthday party and hasn't stopped asking me about it since he received his invitation in the mail. On Friday afternoon, I took the kids and we went present shopping for Emma and her sister Heidi . Kaleb had fun picking out a present for each of the girls. We got Emma cute hair barrettes and a Polly pocket with accessories and we got Heidi a cell phone that came in a purse and some barrettes as well. When we got home, he helped me wrap each of the gifts up.


This afternoon, Mark and I took the kids and we went to the party. When Kaleb and Karmindy first got there, they were able to decorate crowns to wear and then the kids played several games- a fishing game and pin the tail on the donkey. Kaleb loved the games but wasn't too interested in the special princess guest that showed up- Princess Aurora. Kaleb kept his distance from her and occupied himself by playing with the only other little boy at the party. They kicked balloons and played with random toys that the birthday girls family had set out. I think things got too "girly" for him when the girls were twirling, giggling and singing the "I know you, I walked I with you once upon a dream." Even though he didn't care too much for the girly stuff, I think he really enjoyed making his crown, helping Emma open her presents and eating cake!!


Kaleb and Emma! So cute!


Kaleb loved playing the "Fishing Game."


Kaleb helping Emma open her presents!


Kaleb posing with his balloon and crown! He really had a fun time at Emma's Party!


Princess Aurora with Kaleb, Karmindy and Emma!


Karmindy loved playing with the Balloons

3 comments:

JILLIAN said...

THOSE ARE THE CUTEST PICTURES.
I LOVE THAT KALEB HAS A SPECIAL FRIEND AND THAT HE CALLS HER "MY GIRL".
WHAT A CUTIE.
YOU ARE SUCH A CUTE MOTHER ASHLEY.

Trimblog said...

What a fun party! It is too funny that Kaleb calls her my girl. Maybe he can give Jaxon some tips!

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's actually what I stressed about most, was trying to cater to the boys at a princess party. I know there weren't many manly things for Kaleb to do so I appreciate his patience with us that afternoon. Thank you for celebrating with us. Emma loves her "Kaleb Boy". She asks me every morning if we're going to see Kaleb that day.