Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Story Time and Easter Cupcakes

Today was a busy day! I got up early and got the kids ready so we could meet some friends at the Riverton Library for Easter Bunny story time. It was really a fun activity for Kaleb. He loved listening to the stories, singing the songs and participating in the Easter centered activities that the cute Librarian had planned. After story time, she turned the kids loose for craft time. Each child got to color an Easter basket and cut out eggs and then glued them in their Easter Baskets. Kaleb had such a fun time!
Later this afternoon, after lunch and a little quiet time, Kaleb and I went to work in the kitchen making cupcakes. We invited our friends (Our back door neighbors) that went to the Library with us over and we decorated the cupcakes with grass (colored coconut) and eggs (Jelly Belly Jelly Beans & Malted Milk Balls). Kaleb had so much fun decorating the cupcakes and going to the Library. Going to Bunny Story time and decorating cupcakes was a fun way to start celebrating the Easter Holiday!


These are some cupcakes that we decorated for a little girl friend of Kalebs. There is a little girl in his primary class that he enjoys having play dates with. Kaleb reminded me that we needed to make some for "his girl!" So funny!

Kaleb's beautiful Easter basket craft project that he made at Bunny Story time!

Kaleb and Karmindy Bonding! Kaleb loves to entertain his little sister. Karmindy loves having someone make over her. I love when they play so good together!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! I can't wait until Gavin gets older so I can have play dates and do fun stuff with him like that. I am glad that you have made a lot of friends around here. I am still all alone in my neighborhood. But I need to venture out and try to make more friends in the ward. You are such a cute and creative mom!

JILLIAN said...

HOW FUN!
SEE I TOLD YOU THAT YOU ARE A CUTE MOM.
HAVE A GREAT EASTER,WE WILL MISS YOU.

Elder Larkin said...

That sounds like a very fun day! Kaleb is too cute in that first picture. I guess it's time to start doing some fun things with my kids too. Thanks for the reminder. I better get my butt in gear.

Heidi said...

Very fun!! Those cupcakes look so yummy! Easter is such a fun holiday!

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

What a fun easter you guys are having! I love the look on Kalebs face as he is showing his easter basket! So proud!