On labor day, I canned 18 half-pints of Blackberry jam with my Friend Carlynn. We used her camping stove to can on because our Kitchen stoves (electric flattops) can't be used to can on. I have never used a camp stove to can on before and it was a fun experience to can outside! We had fun and at the end of the day we split the 18 half pints! We are both excited to see the blackberry jam sitting on our shelves in our pantries! I also had a lot of berries left over and have frozen several baggies and Tupperware containers. I can't wait to make fresh berry pie this winter! It will be such a yummy treat to have! I will post the recipe at a later date. It is too good not to share!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Blackberry Harvest
On labor day, I canned 18 half-pints of Blackberry jam with my Friend Carlynn. We used her camping stove to can on because our Kitchen stoves (electric flattops) can't be used to can on. I have never used a camp stove to can on before and it was a fun experience to can outside! We had fun and at the end of the day we split the 18 half pints! We are both excited to see the blackberry jam sitting on our shelves in our pantries! I also had a lot of berries left over and have frozen several baggies and Tupperware containers. I can't wait to make fresh berry pie this winter! It will be such a yummy treat to have! I will post the recipe at a later date. It is too good not to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment