Thursday, September 17, 2009

Canned Raspberries and Raspberry Jam

The past two weeks I have been a domestic diva and have gone canning crazy! I made blackberry jam a couple weeks ago and also froze a bunch of blackberries to have for the winter months for pies and such. I am so excited to use my "berry" food storage this winter.
This past Monday, I got together with a friend and we canned Raspberries and Raspberry Jam! It was a down pour on Monday here in Riverton so we had to can in my friends garage with the door open. We have had to can on a camp stove because of our electric flat top ranges(not supposed to can on them because the burner can burn out. It has been really fun to learn how to can on a camp stove and fine tune the canning process.
The picture on the right is a picture of the "fruits" of my labor.
( I know, my dry humor is so funny. Tee hee)
I canned 12 pints of Raspberries in the juice and then 5 half pints of Raspberry jam!! My friend canned 9 quarts of raspberries and 5 half pints of Raspberry jam.

1 comment:

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're a Supermom! I want to be like you someday.