Sunday, February 14, 2010

All you need is Love...

Kaleb has thoroughly been excited this year for Valentines day. Went to Wal-Mart the first of last week and I let him choose the Valentines that he wanted to give his classmates in his preschool class. He chose Toy Story Valentines with pencils. He and I sat down when we got home and he addressed them to each of his classmates and enjoyed writing his name and slipping the pencils through the Valentines. On Friday, his class had their Valentines day party. He came home with his Valentine Truck holder that he made in class stuffed to the rim with Valentines and his favorite- the candy. It is so fun celebrating holidays with your little ones because the just light up with excitement over the small and simple things. I love it!

On Saturday Morning, Mark and I gave the kids their Valentines a little early. I was excited and couldn't wait but also since we have early morning church the next day I wanted them to enjoy their Valentines from us early. This year I bought the kids each a basket of their own and filled it with gummy life savors for Karmindy and M&M's for Kaleb. I also got Kaleb a pack of new matchbox cars and I got Karmindy a "My Little Pony." Kaleb and Karmindy each got a Valentine book from us. Anyone that knows me I truly love Children's books. I got Kaleb the book, "Guess how much I love you." It is written by Sam McBratney. I got Karmindy the book, "How do I love you?" it is by Marion Dane Bauer. In each of the books I wrote a little note to each of them telling them how much their mom and dad love them. I hope they will treasure them forever.The kids with their Valentine's day Baskets!

The kids loved their Valentines Day gifts. Karmindy has truly loved her My Little Pony and Has enjoyed carrying it around the house and brushing its hair with the brush that came with it.

For Mark this year, I also filled a basket with sweet treats, the kids' artwork they made their dad at story time at the library and I a book that I made him that counts the many ways that I love him. I have really gotten into making scrapbooks on line. The book was a hit with Mark!!Kaleb's BasketKarmindys Basket
Mark's Basket!

Mark's Love Book- A keepsake of the many things that I love about him!
I am so grateful that I have three people to share my life with. I Love my three Valentines! They bring so much love into my life!

2 comments:

Rockin' Rowes said...

Wow! Those are some cool gifts. I especially liked the one you gave Mark. I love the "memory" types of presents. They last a long time and bring back wonderful memories.

CharlieJo said...

hahaha. I feel so behind on commenting on all your posts! You always do so many cute things for your kids on holidays!! so cute. :)